Wade Wilson- Present (a)

"What... babe I thought we weren't doing presents this year." Wade gratefully took the green and red decorated box from your hands and gently placed it on the food-filled table. "I was so busy with the..." he mimicked swinging swords around in a beautiful display of child play but ended it with a rather graphic miming of a decapitation. "I was going to look for something I just didn't have the time."

You assured him that it was okay, letting him know that it was more than okay for him to make it up on your birthday.

"It's nothing big and I got it kind of last minute, but I definitely think you'll like it." His face lit up as he violently shook the box from side to side and pressing his ear up against it.

"It isn't breakable is it?" He asked, still shaking the box up and down, left and right vigorously trying to guess what was inside. You rushed him along, Christmas lasted for a day not for a week and there was still plenty of other things to do during the day.

In his best effort to tease you he slowly peeled the deep green ribbon from the box and ran it around your fingers, but even the world class mercenary Deadpool knew not to push you past your limit. He quickly slid off the paper to reveal the freshly shone Perspex box inside, his eyes widened as his joyous smile grew to both ears.

"Oh my god babe." He spun around the box like a happy child receiving their first toy firetruck and proudly held the displayed severed head that you had presented him. "I've been trying to find this guy for weeks, how did you?"

"I had a few favors to call in, I'm also better at your job than you are. I also know how long you've been asking me to let you keep trophies in the basement so... here you go. There's a shelf and everything, the only rule is that you keep them clean and you keep the rats away." His face lit up with unbridled glee as he ran down to the basement, the start of his new collection held firmly in his hands.

You waited at the top of stairs, arms crossed like a proud parent as he shouted from the darkness below.

"THE SHELVES HAVE LIGHTS ON THEM!"

~*~

Written by Aaron.