Carol Danvers- Mannequin (c)

Working in a clothing store did offer some odd sights. You had seen every case of weird and wonderful walk through the doors, seen many peculiar things walk down the street but even what was happening outside shocked you. You had been in the shop alone sorting things out for the workday ahead, not wanting to put any extra work on the other employees seen as you owned the store. Everything was seemingly normal for you, tidying and organising, nothing too entertaining but nevertheless you were getting work down, but you heard something outside the front of the store.

Looking outside, you saw a woman removing clothes from one of the mannequins. She wore a dark green bodysuit that didn't seem too comfortable and didn't leave too much to the imagination. You didn't judge her for wanting something else to wear, if you only had that outfit, you might have been drawn to steal. You didn't want to confront her, but you did want to know why she was doing it so made your way to the front of your store, unlocking the front door.

"You're not from around here," you commented.

"What?" She asked, dropping the torso of the mannequin, having already stripped it.

"Well it's a small town and I'd know if I'd seen such a stunning woman here before. Also no one around here would dress like that," you shrugged.

She paused; her arms filled with the garments that you had advertised outside of your shop.

"We have dressing rooms in the back if you want to use one," you stated.

A look of confusion washed over her face, not sure why you were showing her kindness. She may not have been of your world, but she knew this was far from a normal reaction to theft on any planet.

"Why aren't you annoyed at me for stealing your stuff?" She asked.

"You clearly need them more than I do. Nothing interesting happens around here, so I have faith that once you aren't in such a rush doing whatever you're doing, you'll come back and pay me for them," you shrugged.

"I'll try my best."

The woman followed you into the store, letting you lead her to the changing room, so that she could put on her stolen clothes.

"Thank you for letting me have these," she said, gesturing to the clothes in her arms.

"I doubt you'd have given me a choice, but at least I know they'll look better on your than my mannequin."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.