Overdue Words - (Ruby X Male Reader)

Ruby Fanart By: ZainKyugo On DeviantArt

Requested By: PlagueOfShadows

Published On: October 16, 2021

THIRD PERSON POV

She stood just behind the corner, watching him as he did something on the console, humming to himself. Her face flushed as she looked him over, his personality, his mannerisms, and his looks...

It was all too much for the redhead to handle, blushing even harder as she thought back on just how often she obsessed over every detail of his whenever she got...busy in her room, she still remembers when she asked the Tardis's dynamic library if Time Lords and humans could...procreate, the display simply responding with 'Yes, go get him girl' making her run out from embarrassment.

Normally you wouldn't be glad that you almost died from invading aliens when going to the groceries store one day, but hot damm was she glad, otherwise, she wouldn't have been saved by and met Y/N...

At first, she thought he was just a normal twenty-year-old like her, though soon he revealed that she only guessed the age right and that he was actually a Time Lord, a twin-hearted humanoid species from Gallifrey. He ran away from his homeworld and stole a Tardis after he figured out how to regenerate without having to change his body or personality, fearing that if anyone else found out they'll come after him.

Adventure after adventure she told herself that she'll finally confess to him, but she never did. Now Y/N and her agreed to take a break from traveling all over space and time to just simply stay on Remnant in her time for a while, giving her ample time to think over her feelings and how to finally confess.

As a result of living with him in the Tardis, she sees him all the time, something he appreciates very much as it was very lonely before for him, even with the Tardis having a self-aware intelligence. Aside from her, he only has one friend, which was another Time Lord who calls themselves 'The Doctor' though they don't get to meet often as he also travels all over space and time with his own Tardis.

Y/N: "Now just to get Ruby, gotta ask her about what food she would like." He muttered to himself, just barely loud enough for Ruby to hear.

He pressed a few more buttons before looking up at the ceiling, raising his voice to a normal level.

Y/N: "Tardis dear, do you know what room Ruby is in?" He asks as Ruby's eyes widen.

She quietly prays that she won't give her away, though that dream burst when the Tardis's central chamber lights swivel to all point at her.

Y/N: "Ruby dear, have you been there the entire time?"

Ruby blushes at him calling her "dear" even if he often said that with other people he was talking with, it sounded extra sweet when he said it to her.

Ruby: "I-I was just watching..." She says sheepishly as she walks up to him at the console.

Y/N: "Watching what?" She asks confused.

Ruby: "...Y-You..." She answers looking down.

Y/N: "Ruby if you want to talk with me about something then that's completely okay, no need to be afraid. The Tardis is just as much your home as it is mine, nothing will ever change that."

Her cheeks redden by his sweet words, only getting worst when he places his hands on her shoulders, giving her a concerned expression. His words, his care for her, his sweetness, how close he was to her, his eyes-

She pulls him down by his jacket and smashes her lips onto his, slowly he relaxes into the kiss and embraces her, not minding that the kiss was a little rough.

The lights around the central chamber moved around and change colors erratically as they hold each other, not separating until the need for air forces them to.

Y/N: "...That was my first kiss." He says breathlessly.

Immediately Ruby's blush worsens as she starts stuttering and panicking.

Ruby: "I-I'mmsorryIdidn'tmeantotakeyourfirstkissit'sjustthatIloveyouandcouldn'tholditinanymorean-" Her ramble was cut off when Y/N placed his finger on her lips.

Y/N: "I didn't say that I'm mad, I loved it...just how I love you."

He chuckles as the redhead was now broken in a different way, standing there with wide eyes and a still deepening blush.

Y/N: "Now let's celebrate the start of something amazing with some dinner and wine, I'll make it for you...girlfriend." He says as he pulls her towards the kitchen.

Ruby: "Yeah...yeah that sounds great!" She responds still half out of it as she almost choked on her own spit.

With another chuckle, the H/C-haired male pulls his rose into the kitchen, happy to continue their adventures...now as boyfriend and girlfriend...

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!

Thanks for requesting PlagueOfShadows