Autism (E.O)

Requested by Chenai216

Y/N pov

I was doing my usual routine, I wake up and have my cereal before getting showered and ready for work in my trailer. I am autistic and I live by a routine. If my routine gets slipped my mind just goes blank and I start to have a melt down. I have gotten close with some of the cast, but I am closest to Elizabeth Olsen. She is the kindest person you could ever meet. She helps me sometimes when my routine falters and I start to melt down. She knows how to calm me down. But today is one of those days. I am in the middle of eating my cereal as there is a knock on my trailer door.

"Hi." I said as I answered the door to one of the camera crew.

"We need you on set. There's a problem with one of the cameras and you're the only one who knows what to do." They said frantically

"Ok I will look at it after I have finished with my morning routine." I said as I tried to get back to my breakfast.

"No Kevin needs it looking at now." They said as they pulled me with them. Oh my god. They're touching my hand. I need to clean my hand. I had so many thoughts running through my mind right now. My cereal will be too soggy by the time I get back to it. I really need to shower now that this person deems it ok to touch my hand. And now that everyone of the camera crew is trained for this type of thing. I can sense my mind running a thousand miles an hour. I didn't even realise that we had got to where I was needed. I heard muffled talking but my eyes remained on a spot on the wall avoiding everyone's eyes. My mind was starting to shut down.

Lizzie's pov

I was finishing up getting dressed for the day when someone started to frantically knock on my trailer.

"Erm Y/N has shutdown and we don't know what to do." One of Kevin's assistants said with worry in her eyes. I just nodded and followed her to where they were. I saw that she was still in her pajamas. She was muttering nonsense and just had a blank stare in her eyes. She was there but she wasn't at the same time. I know that her routine has been disrupted that's why she's having a meltdown.

"Y/N, can you hear me?" I said softly as I held her hands in mine. I watched as her eyes flickered everywhere like she's trying to work something out in her head. "Y/N, can you focus on my voice." I said softly as I moved one of her hands up and rested it on my chest so she could feel my heartbeat. I watched as her eyes started to calm down. She slowly started to focus on my face. I watched as her eyes filled with tears knowing this is going to be a long day for her. She lives by her routine and throwing her off it can take her a while day to recover. I cupped her cheek with my freehand as she looked in my eyes calming herself down. "Are you OK Y/N?" I asked her softly knowing that she has hopefully come back down to earth. I watched as she broke down I wrapped my arms around her as she cried into my neck. "Why did this happen?" I asked one of the crew members.

"Kevin needed a camera fixing and she is the one person that he trusts to do it." They said shyly.

"Well he should know better about her routine. It's important for her to have." I said sternly. "So I'm going to take her back to her trailer and we're not filming for the day. It gives him time to find someone to fix that damn camera, or better yet. BUY A FUCKING NEW ONE." I told them as I started to guide her back to her trailer. When we were inside I sat her down on the sofa as I threw away her soggy cereal knowing that she won't eat it. I made her another bowl which she timidly took from me.

"Thank you." She croaked out, her throat dry from her meltdown.

"You don't need to thank me. I told you that I would be here for you whenever you need me." I told her softly.

"I need to shower. That dude decided to hold my hand as he took me to set so now I feel dirty." She said making me giggle which earned a small smile from her. "I love your laugh. You should do it more." She said making me blush before going into the bathroom. I washed and dried her dishes and put them away because i know she likes everything in a specific order.

"Do you need to have a nap?" I asked her softly as she got out of the shower.

"Yes, I uh can you stay with me?" She asked me shyly making me smile.

"Of course I can. Come on let's get you in bed." I said as I pulled the covers back before tucking her in.

"Can you cuddle me?" She asked me quietly which I just nodded before getting in beside her. I watched over her as she fell asleep pressing a soft kiss to her head wishing her sweet dreams. As much as some people think that having an autistic person in your life is hard and treat it like a chore. When in reality there's no such thing as normal, everyone is unique and special in their own way. Some people just need a little more help than others. And I know for sure that I would not change Y/N for anyone. Her autism is a part of her, it doesn't define her as a person, it just makes her more interesting to me.

AN
Another one that's different to what I usually do and I'm kinda unsure about it but I hope you guys enjoy it.
Let me know what ya think of it