Settling Down (E.O)

Requested by elxlizzie

Lizzie's pov

I was in the bedroom sorting through our laundry, I was really starting to nest with these hormones, well I am 7months pregnant. As I was folding the laundry to my liking I watched my wife walk out of the bathroom in a blue shirt and black slacks.

"Where are you going?" I asked her as I rested my hands on my hips.

"I'm just going out for a few drinks with the guys." She said as she sat on the bed and put her shoes on.

"Dont you think you could at least stay at home with your pregnant wife?" I asked her sternly.

"Oh come on love. It's just some fun with the guys from work before the little rascal come." She said as she put her hand on my stomach which I slapped away.

"I know what this is." I said as I stepped back while she looked at me. "You're not ready to settle down. You never have been."

"You know that's not true. I married you because I wanted to start a family with you and only you." She said softly

"THEN WHY DO YOU KEEP GOING OUT ALL THE DAMN TIME WITH THE GUYS FROM WORK. WHY DID YOU MARRY ME IF YOU DONT WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH ME." I shouted at her.

"WELL IM LETTING OFF SOME STEAM. YOU GO OUT FOR MEALS WITH THE GIRLS FROM MOVIES YOUVE WORKED ON TOGETHER. HECK YOU STILL TALK WITH YOUR EX. SO YEAH IM ENTITLED TO GO OUT AND HAVE FUN WITH MY FRIENDS." She shouted back at me. I was shocked because she has never raised her voice at me.

"YOU KNOW I ONLY TALK TO MY EX FOR WORKING PURPOSES AND IM ALLOWED TO SOCIALISE BUT NOT GO OUT DRINKING EVERY WEEK." I shouted at her while she shook her head.

"You know what, I'm going out so you can calm down before I come home and then we'll talk." She said as she left the room and walked down stairs.

"DONT YOU DARE BOTHER COMING HOME UNTIL YOU CAN THINK OF SETTLING DOWN." I shouted after her as I followed her. Once I had gotten down a couple of steps I had lost my footing and fell down the stairs. I started to feel a pain in my stomach and I got my phone from my pocket to ring Y/N. I needed her with me, I know that we aren't exactly on the best terms but I needed her. She is the mother of my baby. I tried numerous times and got no answer so I rang the one person I could count on.

S: Hey liz are you OK?

Me: scar I need help.

S: what's happened liz?

Me: I've fell down the stairs and I'm getting stomach pains and Y/N isn't answering her phone.

S: don't worry I'm leaving now and I will be there soon ok

Me: please hurry.

After we had hung up I tried breathing exercises to try and ease the pain but it wasn't working. I kept trying Y/N but still nothing. It didn't take too long for Scar to come bursting through the door.

"Hey Lizzie, the ambulance is on its way ok. You're going to be fine." She reassured me as she sat beside me taking my hand. I explained everything that had happened between my wife and I as we waited for the ambulance. It wasn't long until we were at the hospital.

"You're in labour. So we're going to deliver the baby and then search for injuries ok." The doctor said as we both nodded.

"But I'm only 7months. I'm not due." I breathed out in pain.

"Well tell that to your baby when you see it." They told me softly as we got wheeled into a delivery room. "Ok so where just going to check if your ready." They said before they done their job. "Your 5cm dilated so we have a bit of a wait on our hands so get comfortable and I will be back to check on you soon." They said as they left the room before I could answer.

"I need Y/N. Please call them Scar." I begged Scar which she took her phone out.

Y/N pov

I was out walking, I had numerous missed calls off Lizzie which is probably just to moan at me about how much of a disappointment I am. When I felt my phone buzzed again for the umpteenth time I notice that it was Scar.

"Hi Scar." I said calmly.

"Y/N you need to get to the hospital now." She said frantically on the phone.

"Why, whats happened?" I asked concerned.

"Lizzie is in labour." She shouted down the phone.

"What?" I said in disbelief

"Just get here now." She said as she hung up the phone. I sprinted to the hospital as quick as I could and found myself at the reception.

"I'm looking for my wife, Elizabeth Olsen." I asked the receptionist.

"She's in delivery room 6." She said as she pointed in the direction. I nodded in thanks before walking fast to her room. I saw her with sweat covering her face as Scar stood beside her.

"Hey sweetheart are you OK?" I asked her softly as I kissed her forehead.

"You're sweaty." She pointed out making me laugh.

"Yeah I ran here as soon as Scar called." I told her softly.

"Why didn't you answer my calls." She asked quietly.

"Because I thought you were just going to have a go at me again so I ignored them." I told her shamefully.

"It's OK you're here now." She said with a smile before she started to scream in pain. I started to move until she gripped my arm.

"Please don't leave me." She cried out.

"I would never leave you, I was just going to get the doctor." I told her softly.

"That's what these magical buttons are for Y/N. I swear you're like an old person sometimes." Scar said with a teasing smirk.

"I honestly forgot that you were here you're that forgettable." I teased back.

"Oh please can you two behave." Lizzie said in-between her breathing exercises before Scar could answer while I pulled my tongue out at her. The doctor walked in before we could get scolded more by the pregnant crazy lady.

"You are ready Lizzie. Just start pushing." They said as lizzie done as she was told while i whispered sweet nothings in her ear as she pushed. After what felt like forever of her pushing, our baby girl was finally here. They had to put her in an incubator with her being premature but she was here. We both watched her sleep peacefully with smiles on our faces while Scar went and got Lizzies bag from home.

"I'm sorry for everything love. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did before." I told her softly as I sat next to her.

"No its not your fault. I shouldn't have said what I said. Its just with the insecurities and hormones don't mix very well. You deserve to be able to go and have a drink with your friends just like have meals with mine." She said as she looked at me.

"No I should've answered the first time you called me." I told her as I shook my head.

"I understand why you didn't baby. So I'm not mad at you. So why don't we just sit here with you holding me and watch our baby girl yeah." She said softly with a smile.

"Yeah I'd like that." I said as I opened my arms for her to cuddle into me. We both lay there taking in the small features of our baby girl while I had my best girl in my arms.

AN
I hope you guys enjoyed this one.
Thank you guys for the requests that help with the book
You are all awesome 😁