A Christmas Worth Celebrating (W.M)

Requested by @LoverGurl_1

Y/N pov

I wasn't excited for Christmas, my parents died when I was young and I was in the red room so I never really celebrated it. I have been with the avengers since Nat rescued me from the red room along with yelena. Yelena went to help free the other widows while I joined the avengers. After the whole blip and Nat well you know what happened. We all kind of drifted apart. The worst part of it was I never got my chance with Wanda. I visited pepper and Morgan, I babysat Morgan while pepper was working. It wasn't until I had heard about westview. I used Tony's tech to track Wanda down. I was extremely worried about her. She was grieving just like everyone else but no one bothered to check in on her. Especially Clint who was a father figure to her since she joined. As soon as I had found her location pretty much in the middle of nowhere I took the quinjet and flew out to her.

The forest was silent as I walked through after landing. It was a beautiful place with the birds chirping and all the greenery. I soon found myself by a lake and across it stood a lone cabin. I squinted my eyes to find someone sat outside on the porch steps. I hurried my steps around the lake to approach her. As soon as I started to get closer which seemed to take forever since this is one big ass lake.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" She asked sternly as she had her powers ready to use.

"Dying apparently." I breathed out as I bent over with my hands on my knees as I tried to catch my breath. "That is one big ass lake." I said making her chuckle as I took a deep breath.

"No seriously why are you here?" She said sternly.

"I came to check on you. I haven't heard anything about you and to be very honest I'm quite pissed at Clint." I told her with a small smile.

"Well I'm fine now You can go." She said as she went to turn away.

"Come on wands. At least have a catch up with your old friend." I said as I grabbed her wrist softly.

"You're not here to take me in for the whole Westview thing." She asked as she tilted her head.

"No, I don't care about that. You were hurting and not one of us checked up on you. You lost everyone you ever loved and no one shown that they loved you." I told her softly. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me." I told her as I looked down at the ground.

"Ok then, I've got a fresh pot on the stove." She said as she lead me into the cabin. "How long do you plan on staying here?" She asked as she got the cups ready.

"However long you need me." I told her softly. I've been there for pepper and Morgan but I neglected the one person I loved more than anyone. Yeah it broke my heart seeing her with vision but he made her happy so that was good enough for me. It broke my heart the day she had to watch him die twice. I hated seeing the pain on her face as she lost the one person she loved.

She walked over to me and handed me my cup and joined me on her steps.

"So how is everyone?" She asked quietly.

"They're all getting there. No ones heard off Clint but I think yelena has got a vendetta because he let Nat die." I told her as I took a sip of my tea.

"That's good I guess." She whispered

"How are you? Really tell me the truth." I asked her as I held her hand in mine

"To be honest I don't know. After watching him die twice, it felt like my whole world shattered and then getting dusted I was relieved that I didn't have to live in a world that he didn't exist in. But then to just come back and not be able to give him a proper funeral because scientists think it's their right to turn him into a test subject." She said as she wiped her tears away. "Alot of people may have only seen him as a robot but, he was my rock. My life And just to have him taken away just like that. It hurts so much." She finished as I pulled her in for a tight hug. I was heartbroken at seeing her so broken, it just wasn't fair, she didn't deserve any of this.

The next few months flew by, she hadn't kicked me out thankfully. I had slept on the sofa since she only had one bed. I had managed to get fit again with living in the middle of nowhere. I actually quite like it here with no one around. I decided to find some Christmas decorations to decorate the cabin before Wanda came back from the village.

Wandas pov

I was wandering around the village getting some ingredients for our Christmas Dinner. Over the past few months I found myself having feelings for Y/N. I don't know if it's because I haven't been with anyone since vision but I couldn't deny that I was falling for her. She stayed with me all this time and I had started to slowly heal from losing him. Y/N had been my rock through it all. The worst part is I don't know how she feels about me. I had never wanted to read her mind. She has helped me through my nightmares, cuddled me and stayed with me until I was settled. I was actually happy for first time in a long time and Y/N was the cause of it.

I made my way back to the cabin. When I walked inside my jaw dropped as I saw Y/N had decorated the place. I was in awe of it.

"Hey wands." She said as she made her way over to me in her wife beater as she took the bags from me and walked into the small kitchen. I watched as her muscles flexed with the weight of the bags. I couldn't take my eyes off her.

"Hey Y/N, the place looks amazing." I told her honestly.

"Thank you. I thought it'd be a nice surprise." She said softly making me smile.

"I thought you didn't celebrate Christmas?" I asked her.

"No I don't but I remember how much you loved Christmas. The baking, the films the music." She told me making my heart flutter.

"This means alot thank you." I told her softly. We both started on the Christmas Dinner and baking the cookies. I laughed so hard at Y/Ns concentrating face as she decorated the cookies.

"I missed that" she said making me furrow my brows

"What?" I asked her in confusion.

"Your laugh and your smile. The smiles that you've gave me for the last few months have only been there to mask the pain but that smile is genuine." She told me as she looked in my eyes making me blush hard.

"Thank you." I said nervously. There was definitely no denying my feelings for her now.

We both spent the rest of the afternoon cooking and we both ate in a comfortable silence as Christmas films played in the background. I decided that I should tell her my feelings but I'm scared that I might lose her.

"You know you can tell me what's on your mind." She said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah. I don't really know how to say this." I told her honestly as I started to play with the rings on my fingers.

"Just take your time wands." She told me as I took a deep breath.

"This past year has been the hardest I've ever had to go through and I honestly didn't think I would get through it but you came back. You helped me through my grief. You didn't care what I had done after we won the fight against thanos. You stuck by me. And I think I'm falling for you Y/N." I told her as I looked in her eyes. She had a blank expression on her face which made me regret my decision to tell her. "I'm sorry, just forget what I said." I rambled out as she held my hands making me look at her. She had a wide smile on her face.

"Wands you have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say those words. I've loved you since I joined the avengers. I was captivated by your beauty and heart but it did break my heart when you were with vision but I didn't want to get in the way of what you had with him. You loved him with everything you had and I'd be lucky of you love me half as much. I don't intend to replace him, he holds a special place in your heart and I don't want you to forget what you had with him. I just want to make you happy the way he would want you to be." She told me as I felt the tears fall down my cheeks. I pulled her in for a passionate kiss before pulling apart and resting my forehead on hers. "This is definitely a Christmas worth celebrating." She said making me laugh. It took me awhile to see a future with someone else. Y/N is my future.

AN
A nice happy fluffy ending for you guys.
I hope I've made up for the last one 😉