U.N.I - Calum Imagine (His POV)

This is based off Ed Sheeran’s U.N.I, it was a request by an anon :D

I stood in my bedroom staring at the pillows and sheets a mess on the bed. I couldn’t believe she was gone. I noticed the material of a shirt that definitely wasn’t mine. I fell onto the bed, grabbing at the material. Her scent still lingering on it, a mere two weeks ago I would have walked into this very room and found Y/N curled up in my sheets. But she’d left me, saying it was too hard. She was going to uni and I was doing things with the band, like going on tour. I wanted to be numb, I wouldn’t just cry over her I would drown myself in a tsunami of tears. 

I wanted to go back to that first kiss where it all became perfect. I went to the first thing I knew would make everything go away. I went to the fridge finding two cases of beer. 

Over the next few days I drank my way through the time, never actually being sober. I was curled up with Y/N’s shirt it was the only piece I had left of her. I heard a knock on the door, I stood up stumbling, my drunkenness getting the better of me. The clock read eleven pm. Who was at my door at eleven? I went to the front door, I opened it revealing Y/N. All the alcohol suddenly cleared from my system leaving me as sober as possible. Y/N had dark circles under her eyes and they were bloodshot, her bottom lip trembled. “Calum, this is yours.” She muttered shoving a shirt against my chest, I clutched it tightly. “Wait, Y/N?” I said as she turned away. “What?” She asked sharply, I took her hand and brought her into the lounge room.

We sat on the lounge, I just wanted to hold her close and tell her and myself that it would be okay. “Were we wrong to end this? Because I don’t know about you but I feel terrible.” I said, tears brimmed in her eyes. “Calum, yes it hurts but it’s easier this way. I’m no good for you Calum and I’m not blaming you but with you being famous and traveling all the time. I wouldn’t even feel like I have a boyfriend.” She said, her voice soft but gradually cut off. “Y/N please don’t do this. Can’t we just go back?” I said letting go of all control. “I don’t know Calum.” She said, tears rolling down her cheeks. On instinct I wrapped my arms tightly around her shaking frame. I wanted to protect her from everything I wanted to be the only two people in the world and nothing could stop us from being together. “Calum, I know you said you were fine but I know you lied.” She whispered into my ear, I nuzzled her neck inhaling the sweet perfume on her neck. “I’m sorry. I just don’t want to live my life without you. I was supposed to leave for London three days ago, but I didn’t just so I could be here with as much of you as possible.” I said, she pulled away a bit. “Maybe this could work someday but not now. And you should be with your band not dwelling over me. Uni is going to make this too hard and the band is going to make this hard. Please forgive me.” She whispered tears rolling down her cheeks. “What if we got back together and see if it works?” I suggested hopeful. “No it will only make it worse. I have to go. Bye Calum. And if it makes you any better you aren’t the only one to be upset about this.” She said softly kissing me and then turning to leave. “If you change your mind, you know where I am.” I said before she let herself out. I slumped into the lounge, I couldn’t think about anything else. I heard the front door open again, I looked up to see Y/N standing in front of me. “I changed my mind.” She said softly, a smile broke on my face. I jumped up enveloping her in my arms. “I’m never letting you go again.” I whispered into her hair, she nodded against my chest. “Never ever. I am so sorry Calum.” She whispered softly, I leaned back and kissed her. Her hands wound into my hair, tugging softly. “Stay here tonight.” I said against her lips, she nodded tugging me towards the bedroom. This was the way I wanted it just me and her and no one else. “It’s just you and I.” I whispered, she smiled. “Against the world.” I kissed her passionately. 

A/N: Hope you like it!!!

~ Lucy xx