First Dance - Michael Imagine (His POV)

I was in a complete daze, I had finally married her. She was my everything and now my wife. We were at our reception, music played through the speakers, I smiled watching everyone dance and have a good time. My eyes landed on Y/N, she looked beautiful. I had never seen her look more beautiful, she was mucking around with Luke on the dance floor. She spun around facing me, a big smile gracing her face. She walked over to the table, giggles escaping her mouth. “Michael, you’re staring.” She said, blush on her cheeks. I grinned. “You just look so beautiful, I can’t believe I’ve married you.” I gushed, she looked down at the table between us. Before she could say anything else, she was pulled away by her best friend and Luke was taking me with him too.

We got out of the function room, the four of us there. The rest of the bridal party joining us. “You guys ready for your first dance?” Luke asked, I nodded, Y/N nodded smiling. The bridal party was introduced as they all went inside. “And for the first time, I’d like to welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Clifford for their first dance.” I smiled at Y/N who was blushing so much and holding onto me tightly, not that I minded. “I’ve got a surprise for you too.” I whispered in Y/N’s ear, she looked up at me expectantly. I took her hand leading her into the ballroom, she looked at the stage seeing Ed Sheeran sitting there with his guitar ready. She grinned up at my, kissing my cheek. “You always said you wanted him to sing for your first dance.” I smiled, holding her close. My arms wrapped around her waist, hers around my neck. The lights dimmed to single spot light just on us. Ed began singing ‘Tenerife Sea’; I quietly sung in her ear;

You look so wonderful in your dress
I love your hair like that
The way it falls on the side of your neck
Down your shoulders and back  

Cameras around the room flashed, people whispered, but I couldn’t care less. I was holding the woman I loved and that’s all I ever wanted.

We are surrounded by all of these lies
And people who talk too much
You’ve got that kind of look in your eyes
As if no one knows anything but us

Y/N smiled up at me, her eyes glistening with tears. I gently kissed her. “I love you so much.” “I love you too, Michael.” She whispered, I continued to kiss her through the entire song as we moved around the dance floor.

The lights came back on, bringing us back to reality. Everyone clapped and cheered, Y/N was in tears as she hugged me. I bowed, while she curtseyed to the crowd. We went to the bridal table and sat down, I leaned over to her. “You look so beautiful.” I whispered in her ear, she smiled. “You’ve told me a hundred times tonight.” She replied, kissing my cheek. “I know but I just love telling you.” I grinned kissing her nose, she laughed.

People congratulated us all night, we were both getting pretty tired and people were also getting restless. “Hey, what about we disappear?” I whispered in her ear, while we stood in the middle of the dance floor around heaps of guests. Y/N smiled and nodded up at me. “I’d love to disappear with you.” She said, kissing me.

After saying our goodbyes to everyone, we went to the limo parked out the front of the hotel. Once inside, I looked over at Y/N, she looked relaxed. “You’re all that I’ll ever need and I’m so in love.” I whispered, scooping her up into my arms. She cuddled into me, “I love you too Michael.” She whispered, her eyes staring into mine. I smiled knowing that she was all I needed.     

A/N: Hey guys!!! This was based off Ed Sheeran’s new song Tenerife Sea, it’s one of my faves! And sorry this is so cheesy haha anyway hope you like it!!!

~ Lucy xx