#94 Song Preference: "Close As Strangers" by 5sos (His POV)

Calum: “Late night calls and another text, is this as good as we’re gonna get”

I grinned as I see Y/N’s name on my phone screen. “Hey beautiful!” I beam. “Hey Cal.” She sighed, she didn’t seem her normal happy self. “Are you okay?” I asked concerned, there was a pause and then a light sniff. “You’re crying?” I asked again, I heard her sniffle. “Please don’t cry Y/N.” I said softly hoping she would be happy again. “Calum, I just miss you so much. I don’t even feel like I’m in a relationship with you anymore. It’s so hard!” She sobbed quietly, I nodded, tears forming in my eyes. “What does this mean? I don’t want to lose you, I know I haven’t seen you in ages but I still love you. You’re the best thing that has happened to me.” I said, my voice cracking. “Calum, please don’t do this. I still love you too, but I can’t do this. Is this what’s gonna happen for the rest of our lives together? Late night calls and texts? I want to be with you. I want to see you every day. I want to kiss you good morning and good night every day. I don’t want to be calling you and getting your voicemail.” She cried quietly, I swallowed thickly, I couldn’t lose her. “Y/N, please. I’m sorry. I will do everything I can to give that to you. I need you, you’re the only woman I want.” I replied, my voice shaking. “I’m sorry, good bye Calum.” She whispered and then the line went dead.

Ashton: “Six months since I went away, to know everything has changed”

I was so happy to finally be home to see Y/N. “Hey Y/N!” I called happily into her flat. She came rushing out of her bedroom. “Ashton!” She squealed, she jumped into my arms. I quickly caught her as she wrapped her legs around my waist. She laughed as I spun her around, I kissed her happily. Missing the feeling of her lips on mine. “I can’t believe I went six months without you.” I mumbled against her lips. “I missed you so much.” She said softly, I let her down onto her feet. Her smile faded. “I missed you too.” I said, holding her close to me. She rested her head on my chest, she wasn’t usually this quiet. “Y/N, is everything okay?”

“Yeah, this just feels different.” She said softly, I frowned. “What’s different?” I asked trying to see her face. She shook her head. “It’s different having you here. And not on the other side of the world.” She said, she pulled me down onto the lounge with her. “I’m here with you now and only you. This is where I want to be.” I said softly, her body pressed to mine. “I don’t want to lose you Ash. Everything’s changed and I’m scared I’m going to lose you.” She said softly, her fingers resting on my leg. I held her small hands in mine. “You’re not going to lose me. I love you too much to let you get away.” I whispered kissing her hands. She smiled up at me. “I’m glad you’re back, Ash.” I squeezed her hands. I was glad too.

Luke: “Are we wasting time, talking on a broken line?”

I picked up the phone to call Y/N we hadn’t spoken in ages. It felt like forever. Her phone rang out to voicemail. “Hi, it’s Y/N I can’t come to the phone right now, please leave a message.” Her voice said automatically, I swallowed nervously. “Hey beautiful, it’s Luke. I miss you heaps and call me back when you can. I love you.” I said before hanging up. “Still won’t answer?” Michael asked, I shook my head sadly. “It’s okay. I understand.” I said sadly getting into my bunk. I curled up in my bunk, trying not to be so upset. I knew that it wasn’t her fault, but I just wanted to hear her voice again.

I didn’t know how long it was but I soon fell asleep. “Luke! Get up! We’re going to be late!” Ashton yell angrily from the other side of the curtain. “Fuck off, Ashton!” I grunted rolling over to get back to sleep. I didn’t want to see anyone. “I will come in there and I am not afraid of you!” Ashton said ripping my curtain open. He grabbed we around the waist and pulled me onto the floor. “Okay! I’m up!” I yelled getting up and putting on some clothes.

I checked my phone seeing ‘one missed call from Y/N’. I quickly listened to her voicemail, “Hey Luke, sorry I missed your call, I was sleeping. I love you too.” Tears welled in my eyes again, this was so frustrating. I wanted to have a proper conversation with her. I called Y/N quickly, she picked up. “Luke!” She said happily. “Y/N! I’ve missed you so much! I love you so much baby!” I said happily, she laughed. “I love you too Luke.” She whispered, my heart fluttered at her words. “Luke, can we talk?” She asked softly, I nodded even though she couldn’t see me. “Of course.”

“Luke, are we wasting our time with this?” She asked softly, I froze. “What do you mean?”

“We can hardly even have a conversation, our conversations are over voicemail. I don’t want to have a relationship like this.” She said, her voice cracking on every word. “Please don’t do this. I love you more than anything.” I said softly, I could hear her crying. “Luke I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be talking on voicemail.” She whispered, tears ran down my cheeks. “I have to go Luke. I’m sorry.” She said and then she was gone. I stared at the wall for a while processing what had just happened. I couldn’t believe it was over.   

Michael: “And every night that we spend alone”

It was the night before I had to leave for tour, Y/N was upset that I was leaving for so long. She was curled up against my side. “I’m really going to miss you. I’m scared I’m going to lose you.” I whispered, she smiled up at me. “You’re not going to lose me, I’m scared I’m going to lose you. You’ll be meeting all those beautiful fans and I’m just me.” She said sadly, I smiled and kissed her softly. “You’re the only girl I want.” I whispered, she nodded at me. She smiled, “And you’re the only man I want.” She whispered, I smiled at her. “Can we do something different tonight? Since its our last night together for a while.” She suggested, I nodded. “What did you have in mind?” I asked, she sat up and pulled the blanket and quilt off the bed. “What are you doing?” I asked trying to grab the blankets. She laughed and ran away with them. I followed her, she smiled as she opened the back door and laid out another blanket she had gotten from inside. “It’s such a nice night and I thought we could lay out here together.” She suggested, I grinned. “I love you.” I said hugging her.

We laid together on the blankets and cuddled up to each other. I stared up at the sky, it was so beautiful. “You’re gonna be up there tomorrow, you’re going to be a world away.” She whispered her fingers playing with my hands, I nodded. “I know but I’m in your world at the moment and I never want to leave.” I whispered, squeezing her hand gently. She smiled up at me. I kissed her softly, we held each other tightly. I drifted off to sleep with Y/N beside me, and that’s where I wanted to stay. 

A/N: Hope you like it! Sorry its been so long! 

~ Lucy xx