Chapter 218

Hours flew by and soon the time for dinner arrived. Gently, the assassin shook his youngest awake. His lips twitched in amusement when the 18 years old tried to resist by cuddling into him even more. A whine of protest came from the redhead when the warm blanket was pulled off of him. Drowsy reptilian eyes shoot a glare at the immortal who announced with a soft expression.

"It's time to get up, Cale."

Reluctantly, the deity sat up and rubbed his eyes. While he did so, the brunet grabbed a clean damp cloth which he handed to his son to wipe the multicolored light off of his face. Then he picked out a clean set of comfortable clothes to wear. Once the youth was ready, the duo quickly headed to the dining hall where their family had gathered. Swiftly, the older man stopped the noble before he entered and calmly informed him.

"Beacrox says the kids are still upset that you ran off again without them."

This news caused the God of Love to wince slightly.

<...s***...>

Opening the door, silverish emeralds shook when they saw that none of the children were coming to greet him. Furthermore, they weren't sitting in their usual spots. Even his youngest pair. The baby dragon was between the eldest two mortals while the toddler was beside the torture expert and the younger of the silver haired twins. Each of the chairs closest to his own was occupied by one of the Gods' representatives.

<They didn't even set aside a seat for Alberu like usual...>

Sensing the redhead's internal distress, the assassin patted him on his shoulder prior to taking his seat between his white haired grandchildren. Both were anxiously fidgeting as they peeked over at their guardian. Unease radiated out of their tiny forms. Clenching his bandaged hands tightly at his sides, the deity stoically strolled over to his spot and sat down. Bright pink, silver, light brown and two matching gold gazes were observing him carefully. Their owners could sense the abnormal amount of divine energy flowing out of the God of Love.

-Has he gotten stronger?

-Are you feeling okay, Cale?

-Please tell me or my lady immediately if you start to feel abnormal or ill, Your Excellency.

-You just had to steal my spatial pouch... Do you know how angry everyone was at me?! Why couldn't you have taken one of the others? Your father, brother, fiance, kids and the dragons are all f***ing terrifying! Even Choi Han and Cage were ready to beat me up or curse me!

-Gods truly are existences on an entirely different level of beauty and might. Never in my life have I witnessed something as majestic. What an honor to be able to meet and live with one.

Trying not to shudder in response to the blond Saint's thoughts, the noble started to examine the dishes in front of him. Briskly, he selected a juicy beef steak, steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes topped with gravy, and a piece of fruit cream cake for dessert. There was a throbbing pain steadily increasing in the 18 years old's head as he ate. At the same time, an awkward silence filled the space around him.

<Ha— Why is everyone being so quiet?>

As time went by, the thoughts of the young Holy Maidens in his care could be heard in his mind.

-Papa's a massive idiot...

-Uncle says Papa didn't run off because he dislikes spending time with us, but still...

-Is Oppa mad at us? He's releasing a scary amount of divine energy...

Instantly, the God of Love set his fork down and wiped his mouth with his napkin. His face remained emotionless as he declared.