Chapter 228

Late in the evening, the Countess of the Henituse territory sat waiting for her firstborn's group to return her husband to her. According to the note that was left, they would return him some time this evening. Bright light finally filled the study alerting the exhausted noblewoman on the couch of their arrival. Hastily, she jumped up and rushed over to where they had materialized.

"Deruth!"

His clothes were now blood soaked tatters compared to what they had been earlier. Yet there were no wounds left on his skin. Pulling him protectively close to her chest, she turned towards the blond ancient dragon. Her blues quaked as she demanded.

"Why would you do this? Weren't the nightmares and what His Majesty did to him enough?"

Stroking the quivering brunet's head, the woman exclaimed in anger.

"We all know that there's no way my son would've ever wanted this to happen!"

No one refuted her words. After all, the young deity had run off on them again and they had no clue where he went. At least this time he had taken the kids and a swordmaster with him. Plus the redhead had even communicated with them. Although he had only done so to tell them that he didn't want to be searched for. Which was a request that they were extremely uneasy about.

"Speaking of Cale. Please notify His Highness if you hear from him over the next few days."

Confusion and concern appeared briefly on the brunette's usually stoic face.

"I-Is something wrong with my-"

Before she could finish her question, the group teleported back to the God of Life's temple. Now that they had brought the Count home, they needed to regather in order to discuss what they were going to do about the God of Love's disappearance. Even more so since they knew he was clearly upset with them over what they've done.

"How did things go?"

Taking a seat on the chair adjacent to the sofa, the eldest of the mortals accepted a cup of freshly brewed herbal tea from the mixed blood and announced.

"Countess Violan was angry."

Running his hand through his dyed locks, the Crown Prince sighed.

"Not as much as Cale is. He won't even answer my calls."

Golds peeked over at the immortals who had been abnormally silent ever since the 19 years old contacted them. Especially the older of the duo. He was playing with his dagger while the chef cleaned and polished his own blades. After a few minutes, the fatigued violet haired holy man entered the bedroom with a grim expression on his face.

"My lady won't tell me anything. She says none of the Gods will assist us."

"Cale said the exact same thing earlier."

Everyone can hear the exhaustion and sorrow in the Future King's voice. They knew he was stressed since his precious fiancé was furious with him and had taken their kids someplace.

"I'm sure His Excellency will be back toni-"

"No, Derin. He won't be."

Suddenly, a voice came from behind the Moon God's Saint. All eyes turned to see the God of Life's representative standing there with a shimmering book in his hands. Gracefully, he handed it to the assassin whose eyes revealed unspoken fear.

"This is a guide for you and Ron. Since you both are connected to His Excellency, my liege says you need to learn about the abilities he's developing as he matures. You will find the answers to why His Excellency ran off inside."