Chapter 264

After the chaos caused by the Cursed One's followers had been dealt with, a group of very exhausted deities all gathered in the God of Life's normally beautiful garden. Ice covered the plants. Lava filled the previously crystalline ponds and lakes. Massive fractures had formed in the ground around where the ancient being stood observing their precious child on a screen floating in the air in front of them. Each person present was concerned about the current situation of their youngest. However, none of them dared approach the black haired entity until their opposite and the God of Time arrived.

"Salm!"

Everyone except the God of Life towards the duo who had just arrived. Seeing that he couldn't draw the enraged deity's attention away from their baby, the God of Time strolled over to them and placed his hand gently on their shoulder.

"I'm here now, Salm. Tell me what you need me to do."

Glowing rose golds finally focused on him. There were traces of dried up tears on their cheeks.

"Amias tried to-"

Without even needing them to finish, the fourth eldest of those present swiftly embraced the distressed Divine Dragon. Divine energy fluctuated uncontrollably as the strongest deity there cried in his arms. To have to discover their child had yet again intentionally tried to hurt himself was definitely traumatizing for them. They wanted to rush down into the mortal realm and hold him. Comfort him. Protect him.

Sadly, they were unable to do so due to the rules and restrictions which had been placed on them by the Divine Council the last time they ran off. It did not matter to the other members that they held a higher position on the council, the majority voted and the restrictions were put in place. In the end, they could not neglect their duties again or they'd be forced to retire. Except, there was no way they could do that since they could not leave their child on his own. Never again. Even if it meant they never got to retire and had to stay in this position for all of eternity. There was no doubt in their mind they would do it. Too much time had already been lost between them and their child. An eternity together was far better than losing him all over again.

"He's safe now, Salm. Amias is safe. Ron, Ilu, Beacrox, Ryn, and Sya are there now protecting him. None of those bastards are going to be able to get close to him right now."

The ground around them shook and lava erupted from newly formed cracks. Storm clouds continued to thunder in the sky while hail pelted the destroyed garden around them.

"...kill..."

A charcoal gaze watched quietly while their owner mentally decided to send his Saint on a mission to hunt the God of Despair's dogs. Cursing them was too light a punishment. Torturing their souls for all of eternity for causing his opposite to suffer was also not enough. Should he do that again? Would the council even let him do it again after what happened the last time? It's not like they would be able to stop him. His opposite would definitely support his decision this time and he was willing to pay whatever price necessary to properly dispose of that bastard's trash.

"Don't worry, Salm~ Those pests are as good as dead now that Unnie and I are here."

All attention moved to a woman who rarely showed herself to anyone except her twin brother.

"Moira."

Matching dark grays could see the black haired entity subconsciously relax at the older of the pair's presence. Strolling over to the eldest of those there, the God of Fate added.

"Long time no see~ I have been meaning to visit ever since I heard from Kai that your baby's soul had left dormancy."

Stealing a quick hug from the God of Life, the woman turned her attention to unconscious youth on the screen. A dark expression flickered across her face. She could see an ominous aura clinging onto him like a dark cloud. Almost as if it was trying to consume him or steal his soul.