Chapter 234

About an hour into their lunch, the doors to the dining hall burst open and a girl with pigtails stormed in. Not far on her heels were three women dressed in simpler clothes compared to what the child was wearing. Their expressions were panicked as they desperately tried to catch up to their young lady. Anger radiated out of the kid as her hazels quickly focused on the youth who was seated at the head of the table. Even if his hair and eye color were different, she could tell he was the man who had rescued her from the traffickers. Although, that didn't excuse him from treating her no different than a peasant!

"You!"

<Ha— What is it this time?>

Silverish emeralds peered up at her in an uninterested manner.

"How dare you treat me this way?!"

<...I don't even know who you are...>

Turning his attention back to his meal, the deity took a bite of the extremely delicious beef steak his older brother had personally prepared for him. An enthusiastic voice in his head commented on his food as he ate it.

-This tastes so amazing! It's so juicy and the spices are perfect!

<Agreed.>

Seeing the stranger was more interested in his lunch than her increased the girl's rage.

"Are you even listening to me?"

There was no expression on the 19 years old's face as he casually countered.

"Do I know you?"

His question caught her off guard and left her momentarily stunned. After she regained her composure, the child exclaimed in obvious annoyance.

"You disrespectful peasant! How dare you treat a member of royalty like this?!"

-Did this d**n brat seriously just call a God a f***ing peasant?

<Yes, Cage, she did.>

Sensing that his fiancé did not want to deal with the young princess, the mixed blood got up and approached the child. With an overly bright smile on his lips, the Future King introduced himself.

"Good afternoon, Princess Serka. I apologize for not introducing myself to you earlier. My name is Alberu Crossman and I am the Crown Prince of the Roan Kingdom located on the Western Continent. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Everyone saw her blush in response to the blond's words. Her heart wouldn't stop fluttering.

"A p-prince from the Western Continent."

"That's correct."

His sky blues were beautiful to the young Royal. Subconsciously, the child fidgeted with the hem of the pink dress she was wearing. Yet, she no longer cared that it was simpler than she was used to. In order to keep the girl calm, the Future King disclosed.

"We contacted the Roija Kingdom last night. After informing the Queen that you were safe, she requested we protect you until she has finished preparing for your return."

"W-What? So I have to stay in this nightmare of a place even longer?"

<Is this place seriously that bad?>

Taking a sip of the less horrendous sweetened lemon tea, the God of Love coldly queried.

"Would you rather I have left you the cage?"

"You! I will have your head for this audaciousness!"

<Ha— Thank goodness none of my kids act like her.>