Chapter 221

A massive smile was on the green haired woman's face when she saw the redhead freeze in place. His eyes stared aimlessly into the space between them. Just like her lord had instructed, she had placed the One Who Spoke for the Gods into an illusion. Now she needed to relocate him before anyone noticed he was gone. Pulling out a magic scroll, the Queen took a step forward. Her reds couldn't help admiring his attractive features.

"It's a shame that my lord wants you."

Reaching up, she gently caressed his pale cheek with a gloved finger.

"I would love to keep you as a trophy for myself."

<F***ing b****!>

Before the human could realize what was happening, the deity's hand was tightly around her wrist. Underneath his palm was the gold bracelet which acted as her medium. Forcing his divine energy into the item, he smirked maliciously when it shattered.

"You know, Elisneh. You really shouldn't have targeted me when I was already in a bad mood."

Terror flooded out of the illusionist. How was this possible? Her ability should work on all humans and most other races. Including a God's representative. So why was he not trapped by it? She was at a level that even a young Dragon would be ensnared by her. Instinctively, she took a step back. Unfortunately, the grip on her wrist did not loosen.

"T-This can't be-"

Every single fiber in her body was telling her to flee. To escape. Desperately, she tore the scroll in her hand with her teeth. Horror was visible on her face when it did not activate.

"Do you seriously think I'd let you escape?"

Pupils shook with fear while they looked at the 18 years old in disbelief. According to her informants, he wasn't a mage. Plus the magic devices' alarms weren't going off meaning no mana disturbance tool had been activated. There should be no reason her scroll didn't work.

"Queen Elisneh. What you have done could easily be considered an attack on both the Roan Kingdom as well as the temples. Care to explain yourself?"

Now that her medium was broken, she could not cast any illusions. So she instead tried to summon all of her familiars to save her. Initially, they had been spread out to spy on the attendees and nobles. Briskly, hundreds of rats rushed into the garden towards her.

"Sorry to cut our time short, Your Holy Eminence. However, it's time for me to leave now."

The grin on the noble's lips grew even more malevolent.

"Stop."

Instantly, every single rodent obeyed his command. This sight threw the woman's mind into chaos. How was this possible? Was he an illusionist too? No. That wasn't it. All he did was say one word. Even she couldn't obtain control over them that easily. There had to be another explanation. Was this one of the abilities the Gods had bestowed upon him? Or was it possible that he wasn't actually human? If that was the case, then what exactly was his race? Based on what she had learned from her lord, not even dragons could manipulate animals or the weather perfectly. Were there any races superior to them? Not ones that were mortal. Then, could he be-

"...Divine Race..."

What other existence directly served the Gods? To her surprise, the man grasping her wrist replied with amusement in his voice.

"Nope."

Her eyes quaked in response. Does that mean he really wasn't human?

"D-Demonic-"

"Wrong again."

Immediately, she tried to escape his grip. There was only one other option and it was the most impossible one. There was absolutely no way a God would descend to the mortal realm. Right?