Chapter 308

AN: Thank you all for such wonderful support! I cried so much and appreciate you all. Here is the next chapter for you all to enjoy! 

***********************************************

When they arrived at the front of the long lines, a knight quickly approached the first of their carriages. In his hands was an unusual magic device that consisted of mostly a green mana crystal carved into an eye. An ornate crest was carved into where the pupil should be. Not even bothering to test the observing soldiers or escorts, the man nimbly climbed up into the vehicle and held out the device to the closest person. Chills raced down his spine when he noticed the benign smile on the brunet's lips. However, instead of touching the device, the assassin queried.

"May we know what sort of test you are performing on us today?"

Surprised by the question, the swordsman surveyed the occupants of the group. Children were amongst the occupants. According to the information he had received, there were also two very high ranked individuals as well. A prince and the person that everyone in Clarity had been wanting to meet since he revealed himself during the attack in the Mogoru Empire. At last his gaze focused on the blood red he had heard about. Although a strange sense of fear filled him when that very person's gaze focused on him. For some reason the One Who Speaks for the Gods was leisurely relaxing his head on the shoulder of the man in front of him! Swallowing the rapidly increasing unease, the knight did his best to explain.

"Mana- We are simply identifying all forms of mana a person possesses. Latent and active."

"Dead mana?"

Wide sapphires stared up at the device in growing intrigue.

"Yes, Young Master-nim. If either form is present, the eye will change color. Gold for normal mana and silver for dead mana. Based on how bright it glows will reveal how much mana that person possesses. Even if they aren't aware of it."

<I see. So that's how they locate the long lived races. This is a test to identify Dragons.>

Before his youngest son could touch the device out of curiosity, the deity grabbed his wrist. At the same time, the patriarch of the Molan Household instructed in a cold tone.

"Bring a different test for us."

"I- Please understand. I can't do that. We are assigned certain tests to perform on those who wish to enter each day. If I make an exception for you, I will be punished."

Everyone heard the redhead click his tongue in annoyance before reaching over and touching the device. Instantly, the mana crystal exploded with only very fine dust remaining where it had once been set in the device. With a pale face, the mortal opened and closed his mouth from the shock prior to hurrying to get his superior.

"...you see that?"

<S*- Crap!>

To the 19 years old's horror, a couple of the soldiers escorting the delegation had witnessed the device's pitiful fate. A couple even ran off to tell the others about what they had seen.

"Cale."

Tired red-browns met soft sky blues.

-Thank you.

<Why is he thanking me? Has he not had enough sleep?>

No expression was on the youth's face when he advised the fake blond.

"Make sure to get proper sleep tonight, Hyung. We wouldn't want the brightest Star of the Roan Kingdom to weaken in its brilliance. Especially not from overwork."

When he saw his partner's eyebrow twitch, the corners of the noble's lips curled up ever so slightly into a smile. Then the God of Love closed his eyes while they waited for the knight to return. As a result, he did not see the amused sheen in his father's browns.