Chapter 356

Delightful laughter and chatter filled the cramped marketplace of the capital as a massive crowd of 'students' examined the various stalls' wares. Each of their eyes sparkled while they selected their favorite items which their escorts and 'teachers' paid for. Massive grins were on each of the children's faces. Just this sight alone relieved the disguised God of Love. Especially considering everything they had experienced since their arrival. Stoically, the current blond peeked over at the Headmaster who was observing the flock with a warm gaze. One which still somehow had traces of the manic fervor he had witnessed the day prior. Records of earlier that very morning started to flow into his mind.

"Papa~"

"Yes, Airi?"

All attention within the banquet hall focused on the redhead who was feeding his baby a spoonful of soft berries and expertly cut up fruit.

"Can we please go shopping today?"

Anticipation shone in more than half of his kids' eyes. Even the Crown Princess seated between the Holy Maiden Twins looked at her mother in visible hope. Red-browns met trembling hazels which had been blatantly staring towards him. There was no doubt she knew his secret.

<Does she intend to leave this decision to me as well? Ha— So exhausting...>

"As long as you all stay in disguise and remain with a trusted adult, I do not mind if you visit the market after breakfast. Make sure to-"

"Papa too!"

Surprise appeared briefly on the deity's face as the youngest of his silver haired daughter actually raised her voice. Declaring her desires as loudly as she possibly could. Her gaze moved between the youth and his fiance.

"We want to go as a family!"

Those who already knew or suspected their relationship noticed the Future King glance at the 19 years old. Chaotic emotions hidden within the depths of his shaking sky blues. Although he didn't speak up, even the mixed blood couldn't deny he wanted to properly spend some time with them himself. Not just perform his duties as a Royal.

<If Alberu is wanting to accompany us, then we will have to find a way to escape the escort of Royal Knights who refuse to leave his side. There has consistently been four standing guards outside the rooms he enters ever since the attack. Using magic to go outside would just make them create unnecessary hysteria should they attempt to confirm his presence. We can't even go on a date without them noticing he's gone. Thankfully, Tasha convinced them not to enter into my bedroom because it's filled with powerful experts who could protect him and myself...>

Weathered pale greens easily realized what was being left unspoken. This trip wasn't business to the children. No. In their minds it was more of a family vacation. Time where they could spend time with their loved ones without their kingdom's nobility monitoring their guardian. Sadly, the Crown Prince would not willingly lower his guard around them. They were merely allies in his mind. Nor family. However, there was no doubt he'd want to secretly spend time with his future husband and the kids. Clasping his hands together in a moment of reverence and deliberation, the Duke suddenly had an idea.

"Your Holy Eminence."

Goosebumps formed on his exposed flesh when the esteemed entity's gaze almost seemed to stab directly into his soul. Upon seeing the other motion with his chin for him to continue, the patriarch of the de Oiche Household proposed.

"Why don't we hide this excursion by pretending it is an academy event? I could have enough uniforms prepared and delivered within the next hour. Even ones for the adults or knights. We would simply have to alter our appearances a little with magic, armor, veils or masks. That way the citizens don't recognize us."