Chapter 385

Early in the morning on the predicted Day of the North's Declaration, the various residents of the underground cavern had gathered together for breakfast. Even the servants and their families were in attendance. Thus the massive Grand Hall had been prepared instead of the usual dining hall. Within it, almost a dozen long tables had been positioned so that the God of Love would be visible from wherever the mortals sat. In fact, two thrones made out of gold and white marble had secretly been crafted at the behest of his fiance for the Gods to use. Both had been set up very attentively by the adult elves and dark elves. Who then proceeded to decorate the chamber in various nature based decorations like flowers, vines, gemstones and even an ice sculpture.

Spread throughout the room were the masterpieces of dishes that the kitchen staff had worked hard to prepare. Some of the desserts even had been started the day prior to ensure they were ready. To outsiders, it would look like they were celebrating the upcoming wars. And for some, they were in a way. After all, it was the start of the much needed change within their world. For most though, they were honoring their Lord. The very embodiment of Love and Happiness in the healthiest way possible. One which would lessen their fears and his pain.

Delightful chatter filled the large hall as excited children ran between the tables to discuss their potential plans with their siblings or new friends. Yet none of the adults reprimanded them for breaking etiquette. Not even their parents or grandparents. Most of whom were busy talking about their own schedules or responsibilities within the approaching chaos. Of them, the man they respected the most in the world sat quietly observing and recording everyone around him.

<Looks like the Red Wolves have already adjusted to their new home.>

-Indeed. Multiple members of their tribe have even volunteered to fulfill various responsibilities within the palace. Including being caretakers and teachers for my grandchildren.

<Perfect.>

Almost white irises peered up at him from his lap while his youngest child waited for him to feed her the next mouthful of berries. Her little feet kicked the air in slight impatience. A happy squeal came from her when the much anticipated spoonful arrived. Eagerly she ate it before sensing her guardian's communication device fluctuating. Immediately, she reached up for it with her tiny fingers. Accidentally pulling on his robes in the process. Instantly, her father's gaze focused on her in a mixture of curiosity and love.

"Yes, Aera?"

"Baba. A faaa."

"A call?"

Everyone could see her smile grow even brighter. Her father understood her! With a quick bob of her head, she confirmed.

"Mmm!"

<So cute.>

Those around them heard the deity chuckle prior to pulling out the flashing orb. As he had expected, there was another message from the Crown Prince of Caro requesting he call him back. And somehow there were over two dozen new messages left by the legend obsessed lunatic up North. How did the latter of the duo even manage to get access to his private line?

<It would seem Prince Valentino is still quite flustered about witnessing my true form.>

-Ho? Has he called you again?

While wiping syrup off his baby's lips, the youth nodded in response to the assassin's query.

-I suspect it's the fact that a God appeared and personally executed slave traffickers within his kingdom that he's panicked about. Although your majesty is indeed incomparable to anything I've seen within my centuries of living.

-Indeed.

-Are you going to call His Highness back, Dongsaeng?

<I will later. For now I just want to focus on my kids. Whatever he wants to discuss is definitely not as important as them. Plus it's highly unlikely that he suspects I'm the God of Love since I was wearing a mask when he saw me in my true form. Although even if he somehow did, he's calculative and respectful enough to wait until I contact him.>