Chapter 227

Several hours flew by before the kids sleeping in the bed felt their father quivering. Gradually, they started to wake up and check on him. His brows were furrowed together while liquid light stained his pale cheeks. A whimper caused their hearts to ache. While her dongsaengs hugged him in an attempt to comfort him, the older kitten patted the top of his head with her paw. When he showed no sign of calming down, the White Wolf got out of bed and strolled over to the sofa.

"Master."

Tired darks opened to see the gray haired boy standing next to him with an anxious expression.

"What's wrong, Hoza?"

"Fa- Papa's having a nightmare."

Hastily, the swordmaster jumped up and rushed over to the bed. Most of the children sleeping on cots had woken up by now. They had surrounded their guardian out of fear and concern. As soon as they saw the single lifer approaching, they quickly moved out of his way. Normally, they'd have gone to get their grandfather or uncle except neither were anywhere to be seen.

"...Papa..."

Pulling the youngest of the flock into a very light hug, the man asked his student.

"How long ago did it start?"

"It's been about half an hour."

Hugging her pillow, the mixed blood dark elf whispered.

"...we tried to soothe him ourselves... like Grandpa Ron does... it didn't work..."

None of the kids knew what to do so the baby dragon pulled out his communication device.

"I'll call Dada or Goldie Gramps. One of them should know where Grandpa is."

Suddenly, a groan came from the deity. Fiery eyelashes fluttered briefly before they opened to reveal silverish emerald irises. There was pain and fear in their depths.

""Papa!""

Relief radiated out of the entire group as the children embraced their father. Calmly, the older of his silver haired twins wiped the remaining radiance from his cheeks.

"Are you alright, Papa?"

Opening and closing his mouth helplessly, the youth speedily processed everything he had just experienced. His hands trembled while he stroked his white haired son's head. Records of his past flickered uncontrollably through his mind. Instantly, they were replaced by ones of his family torturing him or rather the Count. For some reason he had witnessed the mortal's suffering as if it was his own. Just what was going on with him? Should he contact the God of Life for help?

"Cale-nim. Do you want me to get Ron?"

<F*** no!>

Shaking his head in response, the noble took a deep breath before instructing.

"Pack your things."

Each of the kids looked at him in confusion and unease.

"Where are we going, Father?"

"To blow something up."

Dark blues sparkled in excitement.

"Yay!"

"Boom! Boom!"

Immediately, his entire flock rushed out of the room to do as their guardian commanded. Clearly, he was going to bring them all with him this time. Once they were alone, the single lifer helped the redhead sit up prior to inquiring.

"What would you like me to destroy for you?"

"Arm obviously."

<Someplace where the others can't find me.>