Chapter 337

The sound of dripping echoed through the musty smelling air as the God of Love's chosen search party arrived outside a large heavy door. On it was an overly expensive mana lock now rendered useless by the barrier created by Cursed One's followers. Beyond its metallic form was the underground prison which held those who were deemed the most dangerous to the Roija Kingdom's prosperity and peace. As a result of the chaotic events over the last several days, there were currently no guards posted around it. Instead they had been relocated for the purposes of protection, riot prevention and to assist in locating the enemies of their Sun. Two of whom were assigned to the deity's group by the Captain of the Royal Knights.

"Let me, Your Holy Eminence."

Before the youth could grab the handle of the door, the older of the guards usually stationed in the dungeon stepped forward and effortlessly forced the heavy barrier open. His large muscles caused the fabric covering them to ripple as they moved. Wide red-browns stared at them in a mixture of amazement and intrigue.

<He's almost as built as Toonka and Zafar. Although he doesn't seem as battle crazy as them.>

While he was lost in thought, a pair of sharp gold irises followed his gaze prior to their owner remarking with a sympathetic expression.

"Papa will get muscles too if you train more."

Immediately, the deity looked at his daughter in horror and disbelief.

<Why in the realms would I ever do something so tedious?! I trained enough in my past lives!>

-Bwahahahahaha!

<Shut the f*** up, Dene!!>

"The young miss is correct, Your Holy Eminence! If you want, I can teach you my workout routine before you have to return to Roan."

There was a massive grin on the warrior's face which caused the God of Love to shudder.

"No need."

<I have multiple swordmasters who can handle the majority of the fighting. Even if I wanted to learn more, they are more than capable of teaching me.>

-Don't forget me, Dongsaeng! You'd easily become the strongest-

Instantly, their connection was cut by an unknown external force which both relieved and also unnerved the 19 years old. A tiny frown crept across his lips. Albeit only momentarily. It quickly returned to his usual stoic expression.

"Let's go."

Without saying another word, the youth strolled past the guard and into the dimly lit corridor that split off into a maze of halls. Each one lined with barred cells which were usually reinforced with high quality magic spells. Seated within their dark embrace were dozens of people awaiting trial or who had been sentenced to life in the dungeons. Many of whom shot murderous glares at them as they passed by. Only a few were actually curious as to why children had been brought down to such a dreaded place. Although these entrapped individuals soon found themselves entranced by the entity with long crystalline hair. None of them had ever seen such a beautiful person in their lives. It didn't matter to them that there was a curious baby cuddled into his arms whose almost white gaze observed the pitiful humans in these large cages. Worry radiated out of her. Would her guardian save them like he had saved her and her brother in the past?

"Your Holy Eminence."

Everyone saw the gorgeous man turn to face the first heir of the de Oiche Household. His own expression was darker than usual while he surveyed their surroundings. He knew there would be only three possible reasons such an esteemed being would come here. However, the Future Duke knew it was not his place to assume. Doing so could potentially lead to the destruction of his family and their beloved kingdom.