Chapter 270

Two days later the God of Love was sitting alone on a marble bench at the center of the main garden of the Wood Wing. His head was resting against the trunk of a white ash tree which was situated directly behind the bench. Currently, his eyes were closed as he was experiencing the recurring, suffocating pressure which kept resurfacing whenever he tried to disguise himself or stayed indoors for too long. Ever since he underwent his first growth phase, this uncomfortable sensation had started to plague him and it was definitely becoming more frequent with each use of his divine powers. Taking a series of deep breaths, he focused on the presence of nature around him. He could smell the earth around him. Feel the wind playing with his long snowy hair. Hear the running water coming from a nearby fountain. Even a strange pulsing where his back made contact with the living wood.

-Your Supreme Eminence! Come play with us!

-Let's go explore!

-Play! Fire! Destruction! Chaos!

<Am I hearing voices? Those don't sound like my ancient powers.>

Opening his eyes, the youth blinked a couple of times in surprise. Numerous elementals had gathered around him again. To outsiders, they were swirling around him as if they were dancing in happiness. However, they were actually fighting over the deity. Or rather what he should do.

-Let's blow something up!

-No! They should run free like the breeze!

-Relaxing in the welcoming embrace of water is therapeutic!

-Leave Their Supreme Eminence alone! They need to grow like the flowers!

-We need to show the world their holy light!

-No!!! They need to be free and explore!

-Free! Play! Chaos! Boom!

-Yes! Boom! A wind elemental agrees with us! Let's blow something up!!

<Why are they speaking so quietly?>

Reaching up, he poked a pale green one which responded by blowing a gentle breeze in his face. He could hear an excited voice cheering.

-Happiness! Excitement! Play! Chaos!

<I thought their voices would be louder since Ulrim said they were deafening.>

Just as he was about to poke a bright red one, the elementals' chatter turned eerie.

-Oh dear. Trouble is coming.

-Hide!

-Trouble! Run! Scary! Hide!

<Hmmm?>

Hastily, the colorful entities started to disperse and hide within the garden.

"Where are you all-"

An all too familiar voice caused him to feel like ice water had been dumped over his head.

"Bwahahaha! I smell it! Someone strong!"

<F***!>

"Toonka! Slow down!"

Before he could activate his disguise, a large man came charging through the bushes with a terrifyingly excited expression. Not far on his heels was the usual plain looking brunet.

"Listen. You can't just go barging into-"

Both humans froze in place when they saw a gorgeous white haired stranger. Only one of the duo realized who the person was when he noticed the eyes were reptilian. Instantly, he started to panic. A dragon. He had been right. That noble had been a dragon!