Patrick Imagine: The Vicious Cycle Pt.3

*3 Months Later*

"I am an idiot! I had the chance to be selfish and keep you, but instead I acted like a complete idiot!" You sobbed.

"I didn't mean to." Patrick groaned, angry at himself.

"You didn't mean to fall in love with her? Just like you didn't mean to fall in love with me?" You grabbed your bag, phone, and keys off of the coffee table.

"Where are you going?" Patrick asked.

"I'm leaving. I'm gonna give Elisa the chance to take back what's hers. I sure do hope you never see another woman besides her. Wouldn't want you to fall in love again." You sniffled.

"(Y/N), I love you both, but I...I just don't know." You paused at the door and looked back at Patrick with tired eyes.

"You have a big heart, I know that. But I don't wanna share your heart with Elisa. I can't. I won't. I'm giving you to her." You said softly. You kissed Patrick's cheek and left.

Patrick sat down on the couch, his head in his hands. He loves you. He knows he loves you! But he loves Elisa too. Why is he like this? Conflicted, Patrick decided to go and see Elisa. Maybe she could help him understand.

*At Elisa's House*

"Elisa? It's me Patrick. I need to talk to you." Patrick said as he knocked on Elisa's door. Elisa opened the door a smile on her face.

"Hey Patrick. What's up?" She asked.

"(Y/N) left me." Patrick sighed.

"Of course she did Patrick."

"Can I come in and talk?"

"I'm gonna have to say no." Patrick tilted his head in confusion. Elisa laughed and flipped a stray curl behind her ear.

"You really think I was gonna steal you back Patrick? I'm not one of those women." Elisa chuckled.

"But we made love. You said you loved me." Patrick frowned.

"No Patrick, we had sex and I told you what I thought you wanted to hear. I just wanted to see if you had changed, and obviously you didn't. You barely hesitated when I threw myself at you. You didn't deserve (Y/N) and you sure as hell didn't deserve me."

"But, why?"

"You can't love anyone, Patrick. You just like things you can't have. You're selfish!" Patrick stood there, shame in his eyes.

"(Y/N)-"

"Will move on. She'll find someone who loves her and only her. She'll get what she deserves and I will too, all in due time." Elisa said cutting Patrick off.

"I really did love the both of you." Patrick sniffled.

"No you didn't." Elisa scoffed. She took one last look at Patrick's pitiful face and sighed.

"Goodbye Patrick." She said before closing the door. Patrick walked back to his door in shock. Elisa was right. He couldn't love. He was just heartless. Broken.

Vicious.