Pete Imagine: The Unfortunate Percentage Pt.3

Pete rocked his daughter lightly, waiting for a nurse to return with news on his wife. When the nurse came back, Pete noticed she wasn't alone. A surgeon walked next to her.

"Mr. Wentz, the doctor here would like to speak with you." The nurse said softly. The looks on their faces were grim.

"Is there something wrong with my daughter? Did something happen to (Y/N)?" Pete asked frantically.

"Your wife...there were complications. (Y/N) couldn't push so we performed a C-section. We delivered your daughter successfully, but when we went to close up your wife, something went wrong. Up to now we're still working on a cause of death." The surgeon explained.

"D-Death?" Pete stuttered.

"Your wife bled out on the table Mr. Wentz. I'm so sorry." Pete felt his knees get weak and he quickly sat down, in fear old dropping his daughter.

"How could this have happened?" He rasped.

"Hard to say. Everything went exactly according to procedure. This was a rare outcome." The surgeon said.

"Our daughter...she doesn't have a name. She needs her mother!"

"There are people who can help you Mr. Wentz." The nurse added softly. Pete looked down at his unnamed daughter and shook his head.

"No one can help us. We're the unfortunate percentage." He mumbled.