Joe Imagine: Is It The Attention? Pt.2

You sat in Natasha's basement surrounded by her, Wanda, and Hayley.

"I don't know what to say to him." You said nervously.

"Woman up (Y/N). You just need to put on your big girl panties and let that guy love you." Natasha sighed.

"I don't even know if I like him." You dismissed.

"Yes you do idiot! You look at him as if he makes your world spin." Wanda chuckled.

"But I'm 16!" You argued.

"And?" Hayley asked. You blushed and lowered your head.

"I don't want him to think I'm ready for sex...because I'm not." You answered honestly. Wanda put an encouraging hand on your shoulder.

"(Y/N), I know that's something your not really ready to deal with, but Joe has to understand that it's your body, your decision. All you have to say is no." She said honestly.

"But I don't want him to get bored and find someone else." You said before standing up from the dusty brown chair.

"This is stupid! I don't even know if I like him!" You exclaimed, tried of all these emotions you were experiencing.

"Come on (Y/N), are you still sticking with that story?" Hayley scoffed.

"It's true. It could just be the attention." You defended.

"Or, maybe you're scared to make yourself vulnerable to anyone, so you keep telling yourself it's the attention." Natasha said seriously. Damn, she always was right. Your demeanor cracked as you looked at your friends.

"What can I do?" You whimpered.

Joe's POV

I laid on the floor as Andy and Pete played video games on the tv in front of me. Patrick sat in the recliner next to Pete, mindlessly strumming his guitar. I couldn't find myself able to focus on anything.

My heart felt like someone stepped on it with cleats, then skated over it with ice skates, and finally was run over by a car.

"Joe, everything alright? You look a lil sad down there." Patrick asked me.

"I'm whatever." I answered back.

"Hey, how was that thing with (Y/N)? You guys going to the movies or what?" Pete asked, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"Can I please not talk about that...at all?" I groaned. Andy paused the game and all eyes were on me.

"What's the deal Joe? Did she turn you down?" He asked softly. I bit my lip and looked down.

"She said she's not ready for a relationship, but I personally think it's just me." I confessed.

"Joe, did you ever stop to think maybe she really isn't ready for a relationship?" Patrick frowned.

"Let's stop beating around the bush guys. It's me. She just doesn't want me."

"Joseph Trohman, you are a whole snack. There's no way it's you." Pete replied, rolling his eyes. I snorted and smiled at him.

"I don't even know what to say to her." I sighed in frustration.

"Tell her how you feel and then just listen to her. It's all you can do." Andy offered. I nodded my head in realization.

"I know exactly what to say." I smiled.

To be continued...