Pete Imagine: The Talk

You pressed your lips to Pete's, trailing your hands under his shirt.

"(Y/N)..." Pete mumbled between kisses.

"Go ahead baby." You grinned, dragging your lips down Pete's neck.

"We need to talk about today." Pete said. You sighed and pulled your lips away from his skin.

"This is the last time I let you speak when we're about to get it on." You mumbled.

"(Y/N), take it seriously." Pete said sternly.

"Let's talk later, please." You begged, pressing your lips back to Pete's ones, emphasizing your point. Pete calmly pulled you off of him, a frown on his face.

"We need to talk now." He said. You looked at Pete waiting for him to begin the conversation.

"I want kids someday. I really, really do." Pete started.

"And I just...don't. I also don't understand why we even have to talk about this." You groaned.

"We've been together for a year and a half. If I'm gonna start a life with you, we need to talk about this."

"So, you don't wanna start a life with me?"

"I do! I want an us so bad (Y/N), but kids are nonnegotiable with me."

"Me too! I'm not having them Pete."

"Why not?"

"I don't like the idea of having another human life to care for. I don't wanna raise a kid or have to teach them stuff."

"You wouldn't be doing it alone."

"I don't like children that much. I can only tolerate them in small doses." Pete bit his lip and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I know you don't wanna hear it, and your probably not gonna back down, but I have to say it (Y/N). The outcome of this relationship is inevitable." Pete said slowly and softly.

"Please...just kiss me more. Don't say what I think you're gonna say." You pleaded. The tears in Pete's eyes clouded you from his vision.

"I think we're gonna have to break up."