Pete Imagine: I Knew You...Once Upon A Time

You opened your eyes just the slightest bit to see the brightly lit room. It had a bit of an orange glow to it. The birds sang in delight and the sweet smell of early morning breeze wafted through the windows. You focused your eyes to see lips surrounded by stubble. They were positioned in a light smile, the kind that made you melt. You opened the rest of your eyes to see him, sleeping peacefully. His arm was wrapped around your torso, keeping you safe and protected.

"Wake up sleepy head." You said softly, punctuating the sentence was a soft kiss on his lips. His eyes flittered open, revealing the chocolate brown orbs you love.

"That's my favorite wake up call." He chuckled deeply, voice hoarse from lack of use.

"I bet it is." You snickered. His hand moved from your waist up to your face, cupping your cheek. He pressed his lips to yours in an innocent kiss, but every nerve in your body lit up. You love him.

~*~

You sat up quickly, drenched in sweat. The room was still dark and the rain hit your window like feet hitting the asphalt in a fast motion. Your tiny digital clock read: 2:05 AM, in bright red digits. You closed your eyes and saw the man, the one who had been plaguing your dreams for the past month. Every time you closed your eyes, you saw him.

But who is he?

To be continued...