Pete Imagine: I'm Not The Only One

"Pete, I'm going out with some friends tonight. Don't wait up." You smiled, kissing your boyfriend's cheek. Pete took the kiss, feeling cold when your lips met his skin.

"Love you." He said quietly. You just shut the door, failing to hear the words he mumbled. Pete felt sick and wanted nothing more than to scream.

Was it his fault?

Did he drive you to cheating?

He's not dumb, he knows where you go when you say you're going out. He knows the soap and shampoo you use, so when he smells a different soap, he knows what you did before hand.

Fucking Sebastian Stan.

Or should I say, you're fucking Sebastian Stan.

It happened so suddenly, but then again was it really sudden?

You started pulling away from Pete around the second year of your relationship. You're mother was asking about marriage and Pete was afraid. What did he know about marriage? He was married before and it ended in a divorce that honestly broke him. Why couldn't things stay simple how they were?

But you got the idea that Pete didn't want to marry you.

That led to fights, to arguments, and to hurtful words. You two stopped speaking to each other, sleeping with each other, and sleeping next to each other. Then one day, you came home smiling. You were smiling as if someone had told you the best news ever. You cooked dinner, started a conversation, and even kissed Pete goodnight.

He's pretty sure that's when the affair started.

Pete asked about it once and you vehemently denied the accusations. You even tried to turn the claims to him. Pete believed you for about 5 months, until he came one day very early. He wanted to surprise you with flowers and chocolates, and entered the house quietly. When he arrived at the bedroom door, he heard you giggling.

"Tell me again Seb." You said, your voice as soft as silk.

"I'm gonna take you away from all this and I'm gonna marry you, (Y/N). I'm gonna marry you and we can have all the kids you want. I'm gonna take care of you." A deep voice answered back as Pete's heart fell into the pit of his stomach. You giggled again, and Pete took that as his cue to leave. He walked out of the house and drove to an empty parking lot, crying his eyes out. When he came home for the second time, he found you in the laundry room, washing the sheets.

"Hey baby, welcome home." You smiled. Pete couldn't even smile back, his eyes glued on the bedsheets he knew you laid in with another man.

"Pete, you okay?" You asked.

"Yeah, long day is all. I'm gonna nap on the couch." Pete muttered.

It's been 5 months since that day, and Pete hasn't said a word to anyone. He still stays with you, because he still loves you. Why couldn't he be enough? Why was he not enough for you?!

*4 Hours Later*

You walked into the house, hair up in a bun, lipstick reapplied, heels in one hand, and dress zipped up. You turned on the light to see Pete still sat when you left him. He was staring at his hands.

"Pete? What are you-?"

"Marry me." Pete said cutting you off. Your eyes went wide when a simple but elegant ring was shown to you.

"Pete..." You gasped.

"I know about Sebastian, but I love you. I love you and I want to give you everything. Let me pick up the slack and give you whatever he was giving you. I can be him and so much more." Pete begged. You looked from the ring to the desperate man now on one knee.

"Pete, I..."

END?