Joe Imagine: Zander, Meet Ruby

Zander Trohman sat in the waiting room while the doctors were getting his little sister out of his mother.

A sister.

Zander was content with being an older child, but upon hearing that he would be receiving a sibling, his heart soared. Andy sat out in the waiting room, his son Fabian already asleep in his arms.

Zander couldn't sleep as excitement got the best of him. After about 30 more minutes of waiting, Joseph walked out in blue scrubs.

"Zand, mommy had the baby. Come and say hi." Joe smiled at his son. Zander hopped down from the waiting room chair, leaving behind his comic. He followed Joseph into a room where you laid on a bed, holding a tiny little blanket.

"Zander! Do you want to see your new little sister?" You asked, looking over at Zander. He nodded and allowed Joe to lift him onto the bed next to you.

"Look at her, isn't she precious?" Joe smiled. It was true, Zander found himself enamored by the small size of the girl. Had he been this small?

"What'd you think Zander? Do you like your new little sister?" You said softly. Zander looked over at you and gave a toothy grin.

"She's tiny." He giggled. Joe laughed and tickled his son lightly.

"You're were that tiny too, mister." Joe said.

"Wow. Mommy, what's her name?" Zander smiled.

"Daddy and I decided to name her Ruby. A pretty name for a pretty girl." You cooed.

"I like it." Zander announced. He looked over at the little girl, once again watching her height.

He couldn't believe that he would be able to watch her grow up...