Patrick Imagine: Pete vs Patrick

Pete was cocky, arrogant, and quick witted.

At least when you weren't around.

As soon as you walked into a room, Pete could feel his words knotting themselves in anticipation for the conversation you would undoubtedly start with him. He just thought you were all around perfect. You were kind, lovable, yet able to give back shit if you ever received it. You were the light in his darkest moments and he'd never met anyone like it.

It was almost as if you had the world.

Patrick enjoyed your company. You both shared many likes and dislikes. You were honest, beautiful, and fierce...everything Patrick ever wanted in a person. The light in your (E/C) eyes would never be dimmed and that always inspired Patrick in the best of ways. He was always nervous around you but did a great job at not showing it.

Both boys liked you, but you were oblivious to their advances.

Pete sat on the couch with Patrick playing video games, when you walked in.

"You really gonna let Patrick beat you on Rainbow Road, Pete? I know you dominate at this track." You teased. Pete instantly tensed up as you took a seat next to him.

"Come on Pete, I know you got this." You encouraged, that soft smile on your face. Pete smiled back and chuckled nervously. He drove off the track.

"Thanks for distracting him (Y/N)." Patrick chuckled.

"You're such a bully." You giggled at Patrick. You looked back at Pete and leaned in close to him.

"Don't worry about him Petey Pie. You're doing great." You said kissing his cheek. Patrick watched you in slight disdain as he also drove off the track.

*After Mario Kart*

Patrick won, but it didn't feel very satisfying.

"Good game guys. I'm going out shopping so I'll see you later, okay?" You smiled.

"Bye (Y/N)." Pete and Patrick said. You left and Pete sighed. He looked at Patrick with a love struck look on his face.

"(Y/N) is so amazing! I-I can't hide my feelings anymore. Patrick, I'm telling you this 'cause you're my best friend, I think I'm in love with (Y/N)." Pete confessed. Patrick frowned but quickly turned it to a smile.

"Really? That's great for you man." Patrick lied.

"I think this may really work out. Like, I don't feel sad anymore. I-It's like (Y/N) came and shot a rainbow through my veins. I feel happiness every time she's around!" Patrick smiled for his friend because he was happy someone was able to make Pete like that, but on the inside he frowned because that someone was you.

Even more so, he knew he had to let you go.

A/N: There's Something About Patrick will be made into its own independent story. Idk when cuz school is honestly trying to murder me, but I hope to make it soon!