Good Intentions-3

Trigger warning; some of the words and imagery in this one shot may cause you to be triggered. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Cause there's a man overboard and the tides gonna drag him down 

Peter woke up and looked around. He looked down and groaned, tears welling in his eyes.

"Why do I fail at everything?" He whispered, clenching his hand that wasn't being held. He felt the person looking at him, but refused to meet their eyes, already knowing who it was. Tony.

"Kid, look at me." Tony spoke softly, but also with a stern voice. Peter shook his head and continued to glare at the ground. "Underroos." He spoke again. 

If there's a man in the clouds, then tell me where the hell is he now?

"I'm sorry.."Peter whispered, glancing towards Tony then looking away."I-I just couldn't anymore. I tried. I just c-couldn't. I'm such a b-burden. I-I t-thought m-maybe.." He trailed off and another voice spoke up.

"паук, почему ты мне не сказал?"(Spider why didn't you tell me) Nat's voice held nothing, but sadness and Peter's eyes snapped over to the door.

Standing there was all the Avengers, including Loki and Thor, who just arrived back from Asgard once they heard the news. Peter hung his head once more, afraid to meet their judgemental gazes, thinking they were annoyed.

"Я извиняюсь, мама паук."(I'm sorry momma spider) Peter said softly, and felt a drop of wetness on his hand. He looked over to see Tony crying softly. His eyes widened in shock at the sight of Thee Tony Stark crying, over him no less. 

"I-I thought I l-lost you Underroos. We were all so scared. Why? Why didn't you tell us? Why didn't you tell me? " Tony asked, the hurt evident in his voice and eyes. Peter's eyes softened and he looked down once again, a sigh escaping his lips.

"You all would hate me.." Peter muttered and Tony lifted his chin using two fingers, so they were eye-to-eye. 

"I would never hate you. You're like- no you are my son gosh damn it." Peter chuckled humorlessly. 

"How could you want a son who watched his uncle die in front of him and didn't do anything to save him?" Peter spat out. He waited for Tony to drop his hand, to get up and walk out, or take back his words, anything except for what happened in that moment. Tony pulled Peter to his chest and hugged him tightly. 

"It's not your fault." He whispered and Natasha walked over, pulling Peter into a hug as well. The rest of the Avengers joined in, including Loki and Thor. When they pulled away, Peter looked around. 

"I love you guys." He gave a small smile and everyone smiled back at him, tears in their eyes. "I love you Dad." Peter said, looking towards Tony and Tony once again, pulled him to his chest.

"I love you too son."

The end!

Well, that was the end of Good Intentions. I hope you guys enjoyed. More One-shots to come!