Elaboration...

Hi! So, I started this story end of 2018/ beginning of 2019 and I've realized (with help from my readers) that some words I use are offensive to other. In NO way do I mean to offend anyone and some of the terms I use weren't really given a ton of thought where I live. Words are hurtful and I should know to think of the possible effects on others. I do apologize if you have been hurt or bothered by the words I use(d) and I'll try to use better terms in the future. I will change the words I've used in other stories and try my hardest not to offend anyone.

However, I don't want to make it an excuse and it isn't okay that this word is normalized. In my personal experience, my siblings used to say the word a lot and since I grew up hearing them call me and each other (I have 5 siblings) 'retarded', the word hasn't always been known as offensive for me. Considering I literally (about 5 minutes ago when asking my mom) just learned I have several family members who are disabled intellectuals, I'm severely ashamed over my neglectfulness with how my writing may effect people. Just wanted to post an apology for anyone I potentially upset or hurt with using a word that has lost its meaning due to circumstances I had growing up.