Shuri?

Trigger warning; some of the words and imagery in this one shot may cause you to be triggered. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Shuri and I were best friends since I could remember. We met when we were 6 years old, since she'd come to visit with her brother and dad whenever they came to New York. We were known as the trouble duo. We were inseparable and loved to scare the fuck out of my dad.

She would come with me to the lab and make all these cool inventions. It's been a few years since I've seen her and you can only imagine my excitement knowing that she was coming for a visit for 4 months!

"Kid, Shuri and T'challa have arrived." Dad's voice came over the loudspeaker in my lab and I put down whatever I was tinkering with, running to my room. I ran to the helipad and waited excitedly for the two to get off the aircraft. T'challa was the first off and I smiled at him.

"Hey T'challa!" I exclaimed and he looked over at me.

"Ah Peter, how have you been?" He asked as he walked over to me and gave me a handshake.

"I've been good." I smile and look towards the aircraft yet again, waiting for Shuri to get off. T'challa walked over to Tony and greeted him as well. Shuri finally walked off and I grinned.

"Shuri!!!!" I yelled and ran to her. I enveloped her in a hug and she hugged me back lightly.

"Hey peter." She responded quietly and I looked at her confused. She smiled, but it was fake. I pulled her to my lab and sat down on my chair, gesturing for her to do the same. She sat across from me and I watched her intently.

"Can you stop staring at me?" She finally snapped and I raised an eyebrow.

"Shuri, are you okay?" I finally asked and she looked away.

"I'm fine." For the first time since she got here, I took in her appearance. Long sleeve, baggy sweats, hair a mess and eyes puffy.

"What happened to the happy girl I knew? The one who wore ponytails, owned millions of bobby pins cause she always lost them in her hair, trying to tame the mess. She didn't care about her chubby thighs, or crooked smile." I asked as I watched her pull her tattered sleeves down more over her hands.

"What happened to my best friend.. The girl I fell in love with.." I trailed off and she froze as she was about to stand up.

"She grew up.." She had no emotion and her tone was stone cold.

"Righttttt. Cause straight hair, messy lipstick, mascara running down your face, trembling knees and a broken smile is sooooo muc-" I started off sarcastically. She got angry and turned to me.

"Shut up!" She screamed, slapping me across the face.

"You don't even know who you are anymore, do you?" I asked monotonous and she shook her head, trying to ignore the words I spoke.

"Stop it. Just shut up." Her Wakandan accident thick as she looked anywhere and everywhere , but at me.

"So caught up in trying to please people, lost the real you." I said disappointed as I shook my head.

"No." She whispered.

"You don't even know when you last smiled do you?" I asked as realization dawned on me. Sure, we video chatted a lot, and I thought she was actually smiling, but there's a major difference between her fake smile and her genuine smile.

"Please just stop?" Her voice cracked, tears welling in her eyes.

"You haven't eaten in a while either, huh?" She looked thinner and it showed in her face. Her eyes were sunken in and she looked sickly pale, along with her cheek bones being more prominent.

"Peter." She whispered, finally breaking down and I caught her in my arms.

"I promise I'll help you. You'll get through this. I'll be with you." I whispered as I soothed her. She cried in my arms for the remainder of the day and I led her to my room, for her to lay down.

The entire 4 months she was there, I've been by her side 24/7. I even went as far as to give her a teddy bear with a voice box filled with soothing words I recorded for the days I'm in school. We started dating the second month she was here and T'challa and Tony were not very happy to come in my room to find us making out, but after a long explanation, they were okay with it. Although, I did get threatened by T'challa if I ever hurt his sister and that caused a fight between him and dad, since my dad didn't like the threat.

                                                                                Word Count: 781

Thought this would be cute. A little Shuri and Peter one shot. What do you guys think? Do you guys ship Shuri and Peter? Let me know in the comments.