Betty x Sweet Pea

Please vote and comment x

Betty POV:

I sat on my boyfriends couch as we watched some movie together.

I really like Sweet Pea but I have a feeling he might not feel the same.

When we first started dating he was shy and I knew that. I thought over time he would start to grow more comfortable around me but he never did.

I see the way he acts with his friends, he's happy and care free.

I think it's best for the both of us if we break up. That way we can be happy.

I turned to Sweet Pea and cleared my throat, earning his attention.

Betty: Sweet Pea can we talk? I asked and he nodded his head.
Betty: I've been thinking about us, and don't get me wrong, I really care about you but I don't think we're working out. I said as I looked into his eyes.
Sweet Pea: you want to break up? He asked looking hurt. I nodded my head.
Sweet Pea: why? He asked.
Betty: Sweet Pea, I just think we're not right for each other and that you'd rather hang out with your friends than me. I said.
Sweet Pea: fuck Betty. I didn't mean for it to look that like. I just don't know how to be a good boyfriend and- I could see that he was panicking so I took his hands in mine.
Betty: baby you could have just said that from the beginning. I said.
Sweet Pea: so are we still broken up? He asked.
Betty: no. I said with a soft smile.
Sweet Pea: can you teach me how to be a better boyfriend? He asked genuinely. I nodded my head and kissed his cheek.
Betty: of course. I said.

We went back to watching tv and I felt a sense of relief, knowing that he did actually like me but he just didn't know how to act.

Betty: cuddle me. I said and he nodded his head, wrapping me up in his arms.
Sweet Pea: is this okay? He asked.
Betty: perfect. I said as I leaned back and connected my lips with his in a quick kiss.

It started getting late and I was practically falling asleep on him.

Sweet Pea: would you like to stay here tonight? You don't have to. He said. I smiled.
Betty: I'd love too. I said.

We turned off the tv and lights, then walked to his room.

Sweet Pea: here. He said as he handed me a shirt.
Betty: thank you. See, you're an amazing boyfriend. I said. And he shrugged his head.
Betty: why are you so insecure about us? I asked.
Sweet Pea: it's because I've never been in a relationship or been loved before. My parents walked out on me and I don't want you to do the same. He said.
Betty: Sweet Pea. I said in barely a whisper as I walked over to him and embraced him in a tight hug of reassurance.
Betty: I love you. You make me so happy. I will never leave you. No matter what we'll talk everything out, just like we did today. I promise to never hurt you the way they did. I said. 
Sweet Pea: I'm sorry. He said.
Betty: don't ever apologise my love. I said.
Sweet Pea: no one's ever told me that they loved me before. He said. I felt a frown form on my face.
Betty: well from now one you're going to here me say it everyday because Sweet Pea Connor, I love you. I said as I caressed his cheek.
Sweet Pea: I love you Betty Cooper, thank you for staying. He said. I smiled and kissed his lips.
Betty: now lets go to bed. I said with a yawn.

I changed into his shirt which hung just above my knees.

We both got into bed and under the covers.

Sweet Pea: do you want to cuddle? He asked. I smiled and nodded my head.

He carried me onto his chest and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

Betty: you're so perfect. I said as I kissed his forehead.
Sweet Pea: you are. He said.
Betty: nope, all you. I said as he kissed my nose.
Sweet Pea: all you Princess, all you.

We continued play arguing with each other for the next five minutes.

Sweet Pea: you're the most amazing and perfect person ever to have existed, but you need to sleep. Good night. He said as he kissed my lips and held me tight.
Betty: you're more perfect but good night. I said as I snuggled my head into his chest.

——

I woke up the next morning all alone. I wonder where he went?

My question was soon answered when he walked into the room in new clothes.

Sweet Pea: good morning, I made breakfast. He said with a smile. I smiled in return.

I put on a pair of his sweatpants and kept on his shirt as I walked into the kitchen.

It was thankfully the weekend so Sweet Pea was all mine.

He had made toast, eggs and bacon.

Betty: baby, you didn't have to go to all this trouble. I said as I turned to face him.
Sweet Pea: I wanted to, I want to make you happy. He said. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.
Betty: and one of the most important things to me is that you're happy too. I said.
Sweet Pea: I am, I really am. I smiled and kissed his lips.

We ate breakfast together and decided to drive down to the beach.

When we arrived, he opened my door for me and I smiled.

Betty: thank you handsome. I said as I kissed his cheek. He smiled.

We walked down to the water and I felt as he connected our hands. I smiled to myself as we watched the water hit the shore.

Betty: it's so pretty out here. I said as I looked up to him and he wrapped me up in his arms.
Sweet Pea: just like you. He said as he kissed my head.

All it took was a truthful conversation for him to come out of his shell to me.

Betty: I love you. I said as I looked up into his eyes.
Sweet Pea: I love you too.  He said as he connected our lips in a soft kiss.

A/N
I hope you enjoyed