Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The scorching sun was in the sky, and the earth seemed to be illuminated palely. Even if there was a forest next to him, he still couldn't feel a trace of coolness. It seemed that a fire was burning in front of him, and the air was distorted.

The once fertile land has now become sand that can be scattered at a glance.

Wu Yan leaned against the tree trunk, his lips were black and cracked, he chewed a piece of dry grass slowly, and looked into the distance with numb eyes.

The woman sat next to him with her half-grown child in her arms, but she didn't say a word, like three people carved out of wood.

In order to save energy, they have not spoken for a long time.

I even forgot how to speak.

Cao'er Niang quietly walked to them, and the family's eyes turned to her stiffly.

She turned a blind eye and just leaned over and whispered in the man's ear.

Wu Yan, who was originally dull-eyed, suddenly brightened his eyes. He opened his mouth in disbelief, but he could only make a hoarse "ah" sound when he opened and closed his lips several times.

In order to save energy, Wu Yan didn't speak for a long time, and suddenly opened his mouth, forgetting what to say.

Cao'erniang emphasized again in a low voice: "Tonight at dusk, follow me into the woods."

After seeing Wu Yan nodding, Cao'erniang hid behind the tree, and waited for a while before walking towards another family under the cover of the tree trunk.

The mother and daughter acted separately, didn't waste any words, and didn't bring out any food, but even if it was just empty words, these people couldn't help but believe it.

Ye Zhou, who had been hiding in the woods, was relieved when he saw that Cao'er and her daughter stopped moving and sat together waiting for dusk to come.

He tried his best not to let himself look at the other refugees. If he took one more look, sympathy would quickly take over the high ground. If he looked a few more times, his reason would be overwhelmed.

Time passed slowly, every minute and every second seemed to be stretched infinitely.

Ye Zhou drank half a bottle of water all afternoon, but he was still extremely thirsty, and his lips were so dry that they were about to crack.

Refugees can live up to now in the absence of water and food. It is really not tenacious to describe it.

The sky was getting darker, and the temperature seemed to drop a few degrees, but those degrees were not obvious, and the wind blowing from the woods was hot.

The wind blows, the hotter it seems.

Slowly, someone wobbled towards the woods.

The other refugees did not give them a glance.

Cao'er and Cao'erniang led the way ahead, and Ye Zhou finally saw the employees who were going to work in the supermarket up close.

They also saw Ye Zhou.

Ye Zhou kept a cold face, trying to put on the cold appearance of an outsider. He didn't speak to the refugees, but nodded slightly to Caoerniang, then turned around and walked deep into the woods.

A group of refugees were left in a panic, and the refugees looked at Caoerniang as if they were asking for help.

Wu Yan's voice was hoarse, and he had to stop to rest after speaking a few words: "Immortal... didn't