Chapter 108

Chapter 108

    It was still dark outside the window, and the rooster crowing broke the silence in Linzi City. The turmoil in the city yesterday seemed to be still in sight. The servants got up when the rooster crowed. Indoor walking.

    The servants carried water for cooking, or cleaned the porch, and they started to work when they got up in the morning.

    But after all, it is a common people's family, not an aristocratic family, the rules are not so strict, and they will get together to talk when they are working.

    "Your Majesty is back." The servants were head to head.

    The maid said in a low voice: "Master asked us to buy more food last night."

    "Linzi may be closed."

    The servants looked at each other and thought it was very possible.

    "If the city is sealed off, merchants inside the city will not be able to leave, and those outside will not be able to enter." The maid was a little worried, "The fish that Madam likes to eat must be fresh." Linzi is a plain, and there is only a

    river outside the city. Every day, the farmers would go to the city to sell vegetables with baskets on their backs.

    However, relying on farmers outside the city is not enough to produce enough food to feed the people of Linzi City.

    Therefore, the rations of the common people still depend on grain merchants.

    It's just that countries don't welcome businessmen very much. Businessmen don't stay in one place for a long time. Many of them are spies from other countries. Every time they go to a place, they may spread rumors, collect information, and bribe officials.

    They cannot be used by the country, have no morals, and can do anything for money.

    So monarchs both liked the goods they brought and knew they were a threat.

    But to the common people, merchants are very likable. Most of them have never left their homeland all their lives, and all their knowledge of the outside world comes from merchants who have traveled far and wide. Without merchants, they would lack a lot of things.

    For example, the needles of Lu State, the fabrics of Zhao State, and the bacon of Wei State. Without merchants, they would not be able to buy them anyway.

    The upper class is afraid of businessmen, but they cannot do without them.

    The lower classes like merchants, and they wish that countless merchants could flood into Linzi to bring more and cheaper goods to the people of Linzi.

    "Madame's appetite has become worse and worse after she became pregnant." Another maid sighed, "After she became pregnant, she lost weight and lost her face.

    " Walked a lot.

    The merchants didn't want to make a profit, and they felt that Chen Guo was going to be in chaos, so they immediately packed up their belongings and properties and left.

    Anyway, I do business wherever I go, and when I leave Linzi, there are plenty of places to choose from.

    "The bean paste that my lord likes to eat is no longer available." The maid sighed, "The lord just told us to buy more yellow rice." The person next to him whispered, "The price of

    yellow rice is high."

    The price of food in Linzi has always been high. It is a big grain-producing country, but the price of grain is the highest among all countries.