Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The sun is rising, and the lingering cool air from the night before has not yet dissipated, and there are a few drops of dew that cannot be detected on the withered grass leaves by the roadside.

There was a sound of tuk-tuk on the official road that hadn't been repaired for many years, and yellow sand filled the sky when the horse's hooves passed by.

The leader tightened the reins, leaned back, and steered the bay red horse under his crotch to turn and walk back.

The two-wheeled carriage slanted to a stop in the middle of the road, and the wooden window next to the carriage was pushed open a crack.

The leader walked up to the carriage, and said in a rough voice, "Master, there are fugitives ahead." A

low-pitched male voice came from inside the carriage: "Go around."

The leader showed embarrassment, hesitated for a moment and then pursed his lips and said: "This is the only road. If you make a detour, you will enter the forest."

The person in the carriage said without hesitation, "Detour."

The leader could only nod his head and say yes, then turned to greet his brothers to enter the forest.

Since entering the forest, they must abandon the carriage. They untied the ropes that bound the horses that pulled the carriage, and helped the men who were riding along the way get on the horses.

"Brother Zheng, seeing how sick he looks, I'm afraid he won't be able to last long on a horse." A man with a scar almost running through his face rode close to the leader

. Looking at the sky, there was still no cloud approaching, he clamped the horse's belly, and said in a low voice: "We shouldn't worry about it, they only said to send it over there, as for whether it is a living person or a corpse, it is not decided. The

scarred man: "If I knew this was going to be like this, why bother to come here for that little money." What

they saw most along the way was not fugitives, but dead bodies, lying on the side of the road like dry bones, and no one even collected them.

There are also living people, but they are not much better than dead bodies, and there is still a breath left to swallow.

"We don't have much left." The scarred man swallowed, "I haven't drank much water for two days."

Brother Zheng: "Did I drink it?"

The scarred man leaned back: "Then You live better than us."

The scarred man said angrily: "His life is his life, but ours is not? How many brothers did we have when we came here? How many are left now? The remaining little water must be given to him first. How much dry food do you have left?"

"He is still a noble man, he can't eat this or that." "

Let me see, let's just..." He compared his neck, "Let's say he was killed by fugitives , Anyway, they didn't talk about life and death."

Zheng Ge raised the horsewhip and whipped it lightly, and the scarred man didn't hide, and took it hard.

"It's not a matter of life and death, but you can bring the live ones back, and the price is different." Brother Zheng frowned, "The brothers who died all had children, so we can't let them die in vain." The scarred

man spat on the ground: "Yes , those masters are not short of money, they can buy their lives with money, we poor ones who have only one life left, we have to earn money with our lives!" There were