Chapter 69

Chapter 69

A bird's cry broke the tranquility of the morning, and the sun fell on the ground, covering the buildings and vegetation with a layer of golden yarn.

The dilapidated wooden door was pushed open after a "squeak" sound.

The red-haired man who pushed the door was carrying a hoe, sat by the door and tied up his trouser legs, and waited for others to pass by him before staggeringly following.

He walked among the crowd without speaking, nor looked around.

The group of people walked for an unknown amount of time, and finally came to a field that was half-opened.

The adults in charge had already arrived, enjoying the cool under the tree, holding a water glass in his hand, and yelled at them: "Hurry up and work! You useless slaves! If you dare to be lazy, I will sell you to the sea!"

The slaves hurriedly jumped down the ridge of the field, eagerly waving their hoes.

The person who guards them has a whip in his hand. Anyone who dares to be lazy and look around will receive a solid whip.

The red-haired man was arched, his back could not be straightened for a long time, he was obviously not yet sixteen years old, but he was already hunchbacked.

"You should thank the lord for giving you work and food." The lord in charge walked leisurely aside with a glass of water - he was clearly in the field, but he was wearing a formal dress with a white false collar and his face And two mustaches.

It seemed that instead of supervising slaves at work, he was going to a ball.

"Master Wells is kind and generous." The steward dragged his tone and repeated the same sentence over and over again, "There are no slaves like you who have so many clothes to wear and a full stomach, you have to thank Wells Your Excellency, you must dedicate everything to Lord Wells, otherwise you will be inferior to livestock!"

Hearing these words that he could recite by heart, the red-haired man thought a little confused-are they really better off than other slaves?

Then why he still can't eat enough, still can't sleep enough, and still can't straighten his back.

He wanted a day off, and one day was enough.

But the master will not let them rest, they are the master's property, they are the master's cattle and horses, they have to give everything for the master, even their lives, but even so, the master still won't take a second look at them, and will never know their names.

"What are you thinking?!" The piercing sound of the whip sounded behind the man, and he was severely whipped before he even had time to hide.

Those who govern them often make fun of them, and whipping is only the most common of them.

Enduring the pain, the red-haired man continued to work while waving his hoe.

His back was full of whip wounds, and before the last one healed, the second one had already fallen on it.

After working for a whole morning, it was finally time to eat. The wooden barrels were brought from the bottom of the mountain, and the slaves put their hands together to form a bowl shape. The rice cooker would directly beat the paste into their hands. No spoon.

The red-haired man hunched over and shrank his neck, carefully lining up in the line. He didn't want to look up, let alone being beaten again.

Hunger filled his mind with only one thought-to eat.