Chapter 103

Chapter 103

In the dark and narrow earthen house, the old woman looked at the tortillas on the table and smelled the fragrance, feeling in disbelief in a trance.

She sat there blankly, neither reached out to take it, nor ate it into her stomach, she just stared at the stack of pancakes so stupidly, without moving.

She didn't even know if the water fetcher had left or not.

The children were tired from crying and curled up to sleep.

She couldn't remember what day it was, until a man's voice came from outside the wooden door: "Damn it!" The

old woman came back to her senses, as if at this moment, she returned to the world.

The old woman stood up, was unsteady for a while, and almost fell to the ground. Fortunately, she held the edge of the table in time.

Nothing in the house is good-the table, which had been there when the in-laws were here, now has a leg missing, and it's always wobbly, and it's not stable with stones on it.

In a square room, there is only a rickety wooden table with one corner missing, and they usually kneel and sit at this table to eat.

Not far from the table is the "bed", with hay matted on the ground, and a piece of patchwork fur on it is the quilt.

In addition, there are wooden barrels for storing grain. There are always gaps in wooden barrels, and the grain is easy to get damp. They use rags to surround the barrels layer by layer. But even so, the grain is still damp, so they can only dig the cellar for storage. .

But now the cellar is empty, only some wheat is stored in the wooden barrels-not enough for the family to last for half a month.

On weekdays, the couple would help the folks with a lot of land to do some work in the village to earn a little ration.

But other families don't have much surplus food, and the rewards they give are getting less and less. Maybe in a few days, they won't be able to earn any more food, and they can only sit and eat.

The old woman opened the door, and there was an old man with chapped skin like her standing outside the door.

They looked like they were all old people, but their legs and feet were still strong. Just looking at their faces, they looked like people in their sixties, but looking at their bodies and strength, they looked like people in their thirties.

"Old Zhou said that someone came to the house?" The old man looked anxious, his voice trembling, "Master Bing? Are the children okay?!" There is a

girl in their family! Although he is only six years old, if he meets someone who is inhumane, he can be used at the age of six.

The old woman looked at her man's face, she nodded, then shook her head: "Someone is here, but the person who entered the house was not Mr. Bing, but a girl who borrowed our bucket to fetch water.

" I looked in the direction of the well, but I didn't see the person who fetched the water, only the wooden barrel and the pole beside the well.

The old woman didn't know whether to regret or be thankful, she whispered: "Father, you come with me."

Then, she grabbed her husband by the sleeve, pulled him into the room, and stood at the door to look around , closed the wooden door.

As soon as the old man entered the room, he smelled a sweet fragrance. He followed the fragrance and saw a pile of golden cakes.