Chapter 102

Chapter 102

    After all, Ye Zhou and the others stayed at Changxiong Pass for two days even though they were in a hurry.

    Changxiong Pass is located at the intersection of two mountains. Its geographical location is very superior. It is a good place that is easy to defend and difficult to attack. There is also a reason why countries did not eat the fat of Chen Guo.

    I don't know how much troops it will cost to fight, but you can get food with your hands, so why bother to fight again?

    Instead of attacking Chen Guo, it is better to attack cities that are easier to capture.

    But once there is a country that is so strong that no one can match it, then the country of Chen will be the first piece of meat to be targeted.

    Chen Hou has not been idle for the past few days, he has finally shed that layer of benevolent gentleman's disguise, revealing the real inside, and he looks more like a king than before.

    Just in case, of the original 2,000 soldiers, Marquis Chen left more than 200 at Changxiong Pass.

    After all, it was not a wartime, and changing generals at this time would not shake the morale of the army. Han Ran, as the left general, was temporarily left here by Chen Hou to replace Zhang Rong.

    As for Zhang Rong, he will be taken back to Linzi, the royal capital.

    Chen Hou also told Ye Zhou that Zhang Rong must die, but not now, he would only attack Zhang Rong after weakening the influence of the aristocratic family.

    Hearing what Chen Hou said a lot, Ye Zhou also felt that being a king here is not an easy task.

    If you are just waiting to die, being a foolish monarch is probably not bad. After all, no matter what, the treatment and enjoyment of the monarch are always better than that of ordinary people.

    But if you want to be a Mingjun, it will be even more difficult, with foreign enemies around, and there are still a bunch of noble families that are holding back in the country.

    At this time, the courtier can really bump into death in front of the monarch in order to achieve his own reputation-as long as he thinks the monarch's decision is wrong.

    If one dies, the monarch will not be able to carry out the decree.

    Because the loyal minister is dead, he must be right and the monarch must be wrong.

    Of course, this is based on the fact that the monarch's choice is correct. If the monarch is fatuous and has the heart to govern the country but has no power to govern the country, then these courtiers and aristocratic families can hold him back when the monarch acts recklessly.

    There are advantages and disadvantages, but in the world of great contention, generally speaking, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.

    If a country cannot make concerted efforts and start to divide into left and right factions before things are done, it will be very difficult for this country to become strong.

    After the repair, they set foot on the road to Linzi again.

    Ye Zhou finally didn't bother himself this time, he also prepared a carriage for himself.

    "At that time, you can come up and sit if you are tired." Ye Zhou looked at the carriage parked in front of the general's mansion, and finally breathed a sigh of relief. He whispered to Zou Ming, "I really can't get up. After the skin was worn out, it finally healed, and it was worn out again and again."