Chapter 168

Chapter 168

The town developed at a speed beyond Ye Zhou's imagination.

When Zou Ming was found to be training the adults in the town to use crossbows, the surrounding farmers looked around from time to time.

At first they just looked at it furtively, and when they found that no one cared, some people asked if they could learn.

After learning that only residents in the town can learn it, some farmers actually went to the town to buy a house and settle down.

Farmers think very simple. Now that they are rich and have no shortage of food, salt and sugar, they are considered "rich" among ordinary people. How can they protect themselves if they encounter thieves and bandits? Especially the middle-aged men in the village are almost all doing business outside, and now the farmers in the nearby villages are mostly old people, women and children.

The men who remained were either small and frail, suffering from chronic diseases, or disabled.

They can see that crossbows require less physical strength than bows and arrows. Even a child can use a crossbow as long as he is strong enough.

You don't need that much arm strength. Even if you are an adult male, if you want to deal a substantial blow to the enemy, you have to be able to pull the string that ordinary people can hardly pull.

When they had no property before, they never thought of the need to protect themselves.

Now that they have property and saw the people in the town training, they immediately thought of themselves. Anyway, the town is not far from home, and now the family does not lack the money to buy a house in the town. Since they moved to the town It's safer, then move on.

Ye Zhou didn't stop him. On the one hand, he hoped that the people in the town could protect him. On the other hand, he didn't feel that the town belonged to him-he was destined to leave, and the town would still be managed by the residents themselves , to absorb newcomers by themselves.

As for the final result, Ye Zhou can't see that far, but he hopes that at least in this town, people can live in peace.

The dilapidated houses in the town were also renovated.

The newly reclaimed wasteland nearby also has the prototype of a field, and the weeds and gravel in the field have been cleaned up.

Originally, Ye Zhou was worried that there would be conflicts due to too many different races in the town. As a result, there were more and more people in the town, but there was no conflict broke out, and there was no physical conflict. Although there were occasional quarrels, they were very slight.

After thinking about it, Ye Zhou understood that there is no one race that dominates this town.

Because they are unfamiliar with each other, they can maintain a balance. Farmers are also in a position of being despised and bullied in the human race in this era. They will not take the initiative to find trouble because of inertia.

After the human race also joined the training, the atmosphere in the town became even better.

Ye Zhou could occasionally see humans and dwarves go to the open space for training together, and he could also see them go up the mountain to pick wild vegetables and chop firewood together.

Slowly, the business of Yezhou Supermarket improved.

It may be because the residents are used to the giant supermarket next to them and have been trained by the people in the supermarket, so they are bolder, but the most they buy in the supermarket is salt.