Chapter 53

Chapter 53

"What do you want to eat today?" The little doll, who was not as tall as an adult, was holding the edge of the table, his legs were hanging in the air, his mouth was slightly open, and he swallowed a little. He asked in a childish voice: " Is there any meat?"

The adult came out of the kitchen, holding the dishes in his hand, he said with a smile: "There is meat, and rice soup."

The little doll exclaimed excitedly: "There is meat! Rourou!"

"Wait for mom You can only eat it when you come back." The man put the dishes on the table, so there is no need to worry about the food getting cold too fast in this weather.

He glanced at the clock hanging on the wall of the living room. Sure enough, when the hour and minute hands overlapped and all pointed to twelve o'clock, there was a knock on the door.

The man quickly opened the door, and he asked strangely, "Didn't you bring the keys?"

The woman at the door smiled at him with big bags in her hand: "Didn't my parents rush to buy them? They gave them to me." "

Their children are too young, women have to work, and men take care of their children while doing odd jobs, so there is no time to go shopping.

The parents on both sides are not very old, and they are still in good health, so they volunteered to buy them, and now there is no corn tortilla in the family.

But instead, rice buckets are filled with plump grains of rice, bacon sausages are placed in boxes, and vegetables and fruits are placed on shelves.

Seasonings and various spices also filled the cupboards.

The old people in the family always like to say that such days seem to be back before the zombies appeared.

The woman didn't know what the world was like before the zombie outbreak, but these days were indeed the best days she had ever lived since she was a child. Although she was tired from work, she had delicious meals when she returned home.

Although children are naughty occasionally, they are obedient most of the time.

Although her husband's cooking is not delicious, it is not so bad that she needs to go back to work.

What's more, what more can you ask for when you go home with a mouthful of hot food? Before, the whole family sat around eating tortillas.

"What's for lunch today?" The woman handed the bag to her husband, picked up the child who was rushing towards her, and kissed the child's forehead with a smile.

The child shouted: "Braised pork ribs! There are potatoes!"

The woman looked at her husband: "Did you go to the supermarket this morning?"

The husband touched the back of his head: "

I went to the queue last night. " It might be night.

Although the supermarket has been open for a month, many people are not queuing up to buy 24 hours a day like before, but there are still more people going there during the day than at night.

Woman: "Don't go at night, it's too dark, and there are no street lights nearby." "No matter

how good the law and order is, you still have to be careful."

Man: "I know, I know, let's eat first."

Most of the time the base does not have electricity, unless During Chinese New Year and holidays, usually only the factory has electricity.