Chapter 9

Chapter 9

    The scarred man stumbled and followed the old woman in front of him. He was sweating profusely and staggered every step he took.

    The dead branches on the side of the road scratched his skin, and fine drops of blood remained on the scar, but he didn't notice it, and just followed the light ahead.

    He has his own name, Zhao Er. His family members are illiterate and have no money to find a husband to name him, so they named him Xing Er.

    Before he started this line of work, he was just a punk. His family was young and had many brothers. Except for the eldest brother, the rest had to fend for themselves.

    Zhao Er was a carpenter's apprentice, but the master beat and scolded him. He slept next to the haystack in the master's house, ate leftovers that couldn't fill his stomach, and was so thin that only a handful of bones remained. The master's family has been working for four years, but they still haven't learned any skills.

    When the master was working, he was not allowed to come to see it, let alone teach him.

    So Zhao Er took advantage of the master to go out to work, and the master took the child to the temple and ran away by herself.

    He didn't dare to go home, afraid of being beaten and scolded by his parents, and also afraid that his elder brother would dislike him, so he stayed in the town and followed a group of half-children to steal chickens and dogs.

    Until Zheng Ge gave him a hand, at first they just did some small jobs, helping people in the town to deliver some things to nearby towns.

    After having some money, Brother Zheng bought a bullock cart, which not only transported goods, but also transported people.

    After working for a few years, they have gained some fame in the local area. Brother Zheng discussed with them to open an escort agency and recruit more people. Now there are bandits in every hill, and it’s okay to send some cheap things to ordinary people. The bandits don’t embarrass them. These poor people only charge some road money.

    But it's not unreasonable to conflict, Zhao Er's face was scratched at that time.

    But at least he saved his life. If he escorted valuable things, the bandits would be less talkative.

    As a result, as soon as the escort agency opened, a big business came to their door. They didn't know the identity of the other party, and they hadn't even met the other party. Go north to pick up a nobleman.

    The brothers have never seen so much money in this life, let alone two thousand taels, even two hundred taels.

    Brother Zheng discussed with his brothers, and dozens of tall and powerful young men all felt that this job was capable.

    Zhao Er thought, after finishing this order, he will get the money, so he will stop doing this business, go home and buy a piece of land to build a house, marry a wife, and live a stable and stable life from now on.

    But when I came to the north, I found out that the fugitives either fled to the pass where the north and the south meet. The soldiers stationed at the pass did not dare to let them go straight to the south. , The pass has already had a plague.

    They could only hide from the person, but fortunately they could pass through the pass with the paperwork given by that person.

    Zhao Er only wanted to make money, he didn't want to die.