Chapter 144 Bonds

Chapter 144 Bonds.

Knowing that Martha had a crush on Kaname. Made Zero's Day. He kept thinking about it all day. It was a great thing. It Would keep Kamane busy. Away from Yuki. Just how would Yuki take this? Would it bother her? Zero thought. He also thought about. How many rumors were going around? How hurting a lot of them were. He never really cared before, Yuki heard them for herself. They didn't bother him. People talk. It's nothing new. He just now realized. How they put Yuki down. How the Hunters loved that he did that to her. How the vampire's hated him for it. He truly despised seeing Yuki hurt. Knowing that his actions caused it bothered him more. Even though at the time it really wasn't his fault. No one else knew that. Everyone thought that Zero got tired of her and left her for the sexy Kharis. The funny part was knowing. No one ever asked where Kharis went. Why Zero wasn't with her still. No one cared about that part. Just that He left Yuki. Cheated on her and had a baby. No one knew. That it was Yuki's child after all. Who started these rumors? Zero thought. It was like only the most hurting stuff was let out. Not the truth. Like it was meant to Hurt Yuki. To keep her away from Zero

Like Yuki said, it was going on ten years since all this has taken place. Ten long years of trying his best to win her back. Trying to go back to what they had. He has seen it here and there, but its never truly been the same. There was always something in the way. Something coming up to push her back to Kamane. Push her away from him. Even without Kaname's interference, Something was always pulling them apart. Zero knew. That a lot of what Yuki said was true. He always did. He just fought it. He loved her and wanted back. What they had so many years ago. He wasn't going to give that up. They were so close.

He knew. He had to do his best to make up for going back to the association. To make Yuki feel things would be ok. He hated. That she was mad at him because of it. Even though they, slept together last night, there was no sex. He saw a little lightness this morning at the Cafe with Martha. He did notice. How her eyes did dance when she saw him. No matter. How she would try to hide it. It was there. No matter. How mad at him she was. Her love for him was there. Martha saw her love for Zero, she also noticed the bond there for Kamane. It's what threw her off a little. 

Zero remembered. How the other day when Martha saw the kiss. She saw the desire in Kaname and Yuki. Zero figured. He needed to stick around more for that reason also. He needed to keep there relationship strong. It couldn't be strong if they didn't spend much time together. The bonds were there, and hard to break. He just wanted to keep it that way. He also knew. Yuki was right. He used sex to tame her. The sex bond had grown even stronger than the blood bond. They craved each other in that way more than ever. Their touch could send the other over the edge. It was what Zero was trying to do that weekend. He succeeded. Was it fair? No. But Zero's obsession held strong. To know he had this power over Yuki made him feel strong. To see her melt into his arms, just by his touch. That no matter. How mad she was, His kiss would make her fall into him. Drove him insane. It was close to forty years of being together. It was hotter than ever. In a way, he felt if they never split, it wouldn't have gotten this hot. The bonds wouldn't have gotten this strong. So in a way, they got something special out of all this mess. He also realized. What he thought was special, in a way. Yuki thought was a curse. To be that close to someone. To yearn, and need the other to survive. Always scared her. Where for Zero, it felt natural. There was no life without Yuki, even before this bond. She is all he ever knew. All he ever wanted to know.