confessions

Summary: Scott confesses something to Mitch.

****

"What was wrong with this one?" Mitch groans as he buries his face in hia hands.

"I didn't like him," Scott says, crossing his arms against his chest.

"Well, why the fuck not?" Mitch asks, looking up at Scott. "I really like him!"

"He seems too clingy and possessive," Scott mumbles. "He's not the one."

"Are you-" Mitch laughs. "Are you kidding me? You have no room to talk. You can't go five minutes without hugging me like it's the last time you're gonna see me. We spend every second or our lives together-"

"If I was bothering you so much, then why didn't you say anything?" Scott asks,

Mitch takes a deep breath as he stares at Scott, unsure of how he should respond.

"Alex broke up with me," Scott whispers, finally breaking the silence.

"What?" Mitch asks, his eyes going wide. "Alex did what?"

Scott bites his lip and looks up at Mitch as his eyes begin to water up.

*flashback*

"Alex, please. Why are you doing this?" Scott asks as his eyes began to water up.

"Scott," Alex sighs and turns to face Scott. "I thought that we would be able to make this work with the long distance thing and I didn't mind that you were gone a lot, but it's not even about that. It's about the fact that you spend more time with Mitch then you do me and I'm your fucking boyfriend."

"That's what this is about?" Scott asks, frowning.

"Yes," Alex answers with a simple nod. "I was fine with it at first because I know how close you two are-"

"Alex, I've been best friends with him since we were little kids, and I fucking work with him. Of course we're going to be around each other a lot. That's something I can't control," Scott argues.

"I get that, Scott. I really do. But, even when you're home- you spend more time with him. When's the last time we went out on a date or did anything remotely coupley? Because I sure can't remember," Alex snaps.

"Wh-Why didn't you say something to me before this?" Scott asks, his eyes watering up.

"You think I was gonna tear you away from your best friend? I'm not cruel," Alex says.

"W-We can fix this. I can do better," Scott tries taking a step forward but Alex takes a step back.

"I'm breaking up with you Scott. I need to do what's best for me,"

*end of flashback*

"Wait, where are you going?" Mitch asks, when Scott starts to leave the room.

"Out," Scott mumbles as he walks over to the door.

"Hey, wait a minute-" Mitch walks over to him and grabs his arm, pulling him back.

"Mitch, let me go," Scott warns as he looks over at Mitch.

"Why can't we just talk about this?" Mitch asks, keeping his grip tightly on Scott.

"Because, I don't want to talk about it," Scott snaps as he looks over at Mitch. "If I talk... I'll say something that I'm not supposed to say and then I'm going to be pissed at myself."

"Say it," Mitch says. "Say whatever you want to say to me. You know I-"

"You will judge me because I-" Scott takes a deep breath. "Because I fucking love you!"

Mitch gasps and his eyes go wide as he stares at Scott with shock.

Scott stares at him and then he runs out of the room as fast as he can.

"Scott!" Mitch yells as he follows him, but Scott's already gone.

****

"Kirstie, I've been trying to call him all day, and he's not answering," Mitch sighs.

"Mitch, he probably just needs some alone time right now," Kirstie says.

"I really don't think that's the best thing for him. He's got a lot going on," Mitch says. "He just fucking confessed his love for me and I want to let him know I feel the same way."

Kirstie gasps. "Wait, really?" She asks excitedly. "Fucking finally. Took you ten years!"

"Okay, he's the one who had a boyfriend so there wasn't much I could do," Mitch rolls his eyes.

"Does this mean that scomiche is real?" Kirstie asks, giggling.

"Not yet," Mitch says. "But it will be as soon as I can fucking find him."

"I'll try to call him and see if he answers." Kirstie says. "I'll call you back and let you know."

"Thanks, I'm really worried about him. You know how he gets when he's upset. See you later," Mitch mumbles before hanging up on her. He sighs as he walks down to the kitchen. He looks up and gasps when he sees Scott. "What the fuck? I've been calling you all day!"

Scott glances over at Mitch but doesn't say anything.

"Scott," Mitch sighs and walks over to Scott and grabs the bottle from his hands.

"Hey!" Scott yells. "I was planning on drinking that."

"There's no reason to drink, Scott," Mitch says as he sets the bottle on the counter. He turns and then he reaches up and pulls Scott down in for a passionate kiss. They kiss for a moment before Mitch finally pulls away from the kiss again. He takes a deep breath as he looks up at Scott.

"I-" Scott blinks a few times as he stares at Mitch.

"I love you too," Mitch says with a smile. "I just- Why didn't you tell me how you felt?"

"I-I don't know," Scott mumbles. "Didn't think you'd feel the same way."

"I'd be an idiot if I didn't," Mitch chuckles. "I've been in love with you since we were teenagers."

Scott's eyes went wide. "You what?" He asks.

"Scott," Mitch laughs. "Come on. We don't need to talk about this. I'm not saying this just because. I'm saying it because it's true and I want to be with you. I understand if you need some time because you and Alex were together for a long time and you'll need time to get over him but-"

Scott rolls his eyes as he leans down and kisses Mitch, instantly shutting him up. "You talk too much,"

Mitch blushes. "Shut up," he mumbles before wrapping his arms around Scott and hugging him. "I love you,"

"I love you too Mitchie," Scott whispers as he closes his eyes.

Finally. Things were coming together, and Scott couldn't be more excited about the future.