the uber driver

A/N: This prompt was too cute not to write!

****

"You can't do this, please!" Scott begs as tears pour out of his eyes.

'Scott, I told you. I don't want to be with you anymore. I found someone else,"

"You can't j-just throw away our love like it means nothing to you! Five years, Alex!" Scott cries as he looks up at his now ex-boyfriend. "Please, I can do better, I can-"

"There's nothing you can say that will change my mind,"

"Where am I supposed to go?" Scott asks, sniffing. "This is my home too!"

"Not anymore. Just go, Scott. You're making this harder than it already is," Alex says before pushing Scott away from the door, and then quickly slamming the door shut.

Scott gasps as he loses his balance and trips over the steps, falling flat on his stomach. He groans as he pushes himself up. He looks back at the house that he used to call his home.

His boyfriend just broke up with him out of nowhere, after five years of being together, and now he has nowhere to go. His family lives in Texas, he's in LA, and he's been living with Alex for the past two years. He doesn't have enough money for a hotel.

Scott shakily pulls out his phone and calls an uber. He has no idea where he's going, but he can't sit on the ground forever. Alex would probably end up calling the police on him.

Scott starts sobbing once he finishes calling an uber.

"Could this day get any worse?" He cries, and then he looks up as soon as it starts raining. "Fuck!"

It takes about twenty minutes before an uber pulls up in front of him. It's still raining and Scott is shaking and soakin' wet and there are still tears pouring out of his eyes.

"Oh my God, are you okay?"

Scott blinks a few times as he looks up and sees a smaller, brunette man crouching in front of him.

"Wh-Who are you?" Scott asks, his teeth chattering as he speaks.

"Your uber driver. Come on, get up. You're going to freeze to death out here," the man grabs a hold of Scott and helps him stand up. He helps him walk over to the car and gets him in. "Put your seatbelt on. Safety first." The man says before shutting the door. He hurries around the car and gets into the driver's seat.

Scott, with shaky hands, puts on his seatbelt.

"Where will I be taking you, Sir?" The uber driver asks as he looks up at Scott.

Scott freezes instantly and nervously looks up at the uber driver. "I... I don't know,"

"What?" The uber driver asks, tilting his head slightly with confusion. "You called me to come take you somewhere, but you don't even know where you're going?"