not an alpha (pt. 2)

Summary: Mitch has a surprise planned for Scott's birthday.

****

"I don't know if I can do this,"

"Sir, Scott probably misses his family. I'm sure it would mean so much for him to see them again,"

Mitch sighs as he looks up at the Beta, Kevin, in front of him. "I don't want to take him out,"

"Okay... so we bring them over here. We have a big backyard with a pool. We could have a pool party. Kirstin and I will take care of all the food and decorations. You just worry about his parents,"

"His birthday is coming up in two weeks so we'll just have them over then, okay?"

"Sounds good to me. That gives us plenty of time to organize everything," Kevin says.

"Don't say a word about this to Scott," Mitch whispers.

"What are we not saying to me?"

Mitch stands straight and smiles innocently when Scott walks into the lounge. "Hi, baby..."

"Alpha," Scott whines as he crosses his arms against his chest.

Mitch chuckles as he walks over to Scott and kisses him once. "It's nothing you need to worry about,"

"Come on, that's not fair. Why are you keeping secrets from me?" Scott asks.

"It's not so much of a secret, but more of a surprise," Mitch says.

Scott gasps and his eyes light up. "Really, Alpha? A surprise? What kind of a surprise? For me?"

MItch laughs at Scott's sudden excitement and shakes his head. "Yes, a surprise for you. I can't tell you, though. Otherwise, it wouldn't be much of a surprise anymore, would it?"

"I guess not," Scott whines. "I don't like surprises anymore."

Mitch laughs and kisses him once more. "Where are the kiddos?" He asks.

"Down for a nap. Luna did not want to go to sleep," Scott sighs and rubs his eyes tiredly. "I'm exhausted just from getting her to bed. They may be twins but they are not the same when it comes to nap time."

"Aw, I'm sorry, sweetheart. They'll grow out of this stage," Mitch tells him.

"I hope so. Toddlers are so hard to take care of," Scott mumbles.

"I know it's tough, sweetheart, but you've done a great job with them so far, and they love you so much," Mitch smiles. "I have to go to do something right now. Why don't you hang out with Kevin for a bit?"

"Okay. Love you Alpha," Scott hugs him once before walking over to Kevin.

"Be good for Kevin," Mitch smiles at him before walking out of the lounge.

Scott looks over at Kevin and smiles innocently at him. "So, what can you tell me about that surprise?"

Kevin laughs. "Nice try, Scott. I'm not telling you anything," he says.

Scott whines and crosses his arms against his chest. "Will I like this surprise?"

"Of course," Kevin smiles. "You will definitely like this surprised."

"Oh, okay. Can I color?" Scott asks as he looks around.

Kevin raises his eyebrows. "Go ahead. Wow... It's hard to believe that you're an Alpha,"

Scott cringes slightly. "I don't even want to talk about it," he mumbles.

"I know. It's just... hard to believe," Kevin whispers. "Go ahead and color. I'll be here if you need anything,"