winter

Summary: AU // Mitch hates winter, he doesn't like the snow. But he needs groceries. A little accident at the grocery store leads him to meeting a cute new boy who looks after him after his fall.

****

Mitch absolutely hates the winter season. He hates how cold it is and he hates how he has to be extra careful because of the snow and ice outside. He hardly ever leaves his apartment because of the snow. He's always terrified of getting into an accident.

But today, he decided he's going to brave the snow. It's a week into December and he wants to go out now before it gets really bad outside. It's already snowed once. Mitch is not happy that he already has to drive out in the snow but hopefully the roads won't be too bad for him.

Mitch drives himself to the store in one piece.

When Mitch leaves the store with a bag of groceries in his arms, a boy named Scott arrives at the store. He turns off his truck and opens his door. He looks up and his eyes widen when he sees a small boy fall onto the sidewalk, dropping his bag and causing all of his groceries to scatter.

Scott immediately jumps out of his truck, slamming his door shut and rushing over to the boy.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" Scott asks as he helps the boy sit up.

"Ow, ow, ow," Mitch whines as he grabs onto his elbow.

"That looks like it hurt. Are you hurt anywhere? Do you need to go to the hospital?" Scott asks.

Mitch quickly shakes his head. "No. I don't need to go to the hospital. I don't think anything's broken... everything just hurts. Fuck. I'm definitely going to be bruised later," he groans.

"Let me see," Scott says as he gently takes Mitch's elbow and carefully lifts up the sleeves. His elbow is all bruised and scratched up, but his knees are even worse. Scott can't let this poor boy go home alone when he's all hurt like this. He won't be able to get around his own house. "Oh dear. That doesn't look good. You're going to be bruised for a couple of days. Can I help you?"

"Oh no, you don't have to do that. We don't even know each other,"

"Well, how about we get to know each other? I've got ice packs and hot cocoa waiting at my apartment,"

"Why do you want to help me?" Mitch asks, frowning slightly.

"Isn't the holiday season about helping others?" Scott asks, flashing Mitch a friendly smile.

"Okay, but you promise you aren't like... secretly a serial killer or anything?" Mitch asks nervously.

Scott laughs and shakes his head. "I promise. I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to help you," he says.

"Okay, fine. I'll put my trust in you," Mitch says. "Only because I'm really hurting right now."

"Well, don't worry. I'll make you feel better," Scott smiles, and then his eyes go wide. "Not in a dirty way!"

Mitch giggles. "Oh no. My groceries! I just wasted all of that money," he whines.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of everything. Let me just help you get into my car," Scott says.

"But, what about my car?" Mitch asks, biting his lip nervously.

"I'll come back and get it with a friend later. I promise. Don't worry about anything," Scott says before standing up slightly. He takes his time gently and carefully lifting Mitch up from the ground, and then he walks him over to the truck and helps him sit down in the passenger's seat.