forever with you

Summary: Scott and Mitch have been dating for two years but Mitch is confused about his feelings and what he wants. Things take a turn for the worse when Mitch breaks up with Scott, but will they be able to work out their issues?

****

"Minnie? Where's Minnie at?"

Mitch flinches as soon as he hears the familiar voice. "God, Kirst... don't let him in here!"

Kirstie frowns and then rushes over to the door. She opens it and looks up, seeing Scott standing there.

"You're not Minnie," Scott pouts when he sees Kirstie.

"Sorry Scott, Mitch doesn't want to see you right now. And- oh my God. Are you drunk?"

Scott giggles. "No you're drunk!" He shouts, pointing at Kirstie. "Minnie!"

"Scott, are you serious? We go on stage in ten minutes!" Kirstie yells angrily.

Kirstie gasps when she's being pulled aside, and Mitch is now standing in front of Mitch.

"Marshmallow!" Scott exclaims happily when he sees Mitch. He goes to hug him but Mitch immediately pushes him away. "You don't want a hug?" He pouts. "You always like my hugs."

"Shut up!" Mitch yells. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Why did you drink before a show?"

Scott hiccups. "I don't feel very well,"

"For fuck sakes. Kirstie, take care of this dumbass. I'm going to go get Esther," Mitch snaps before storming past Scott and rushing down the hallway to Avi and Esther's dressing room.

Mitch makes his way to Avi and Esther's room, and walks in without knocking.

Esther looks over and raises her eyebrows when she sees Mitch. "What's up with you?"

"We have a problem, and you need to come to Kirstie's dressing room... now," Mitch demands.

Esther glances over at Avi, who only shrugs, before they follow Mitch to Kirstie's dressing room.

"Who gave this idiot alcohol before the show?" Mitch asks as he points to Scott when they enter Kirstie's dressing room. "He's fucking drunk and we go live in ten minutes! He's not going to be able to perform!"

"This cannot be happening," Esther groans and shakes her head.

"You two should have talked," Avi whispers to Mitch.

Mitch glares at him. "You have no idea what's going on-"

"Doesn't matter, Mitch. You two are in a band together. This is exactly why Esther said it was a bad idea for band members to date because stuff like this happens," Avi snaps.

Esther walks over to Scott and bends in front of him. "How are you feeling, Scott?"

"Like shit," Scott answers as he buries his face in his hands.

"Why did you drink?" Esther asks. "You knew we had a show tonight."

"Can we please not talk about this right now," Scott begs.

"Scott, you need to go on stage tonight and perform, and perform well. The crowd is already there and there's no way we can cancel the show right now," Esther says.

"I can do the show. I just need a couple more minutes to get myself together before we go out-" Scott's already sobering up which is surprisingly a new record for him. Reality has set in and he regrets ever taking a sip of the alcohol but he couldn't help it when the love of his life is avoiding him at all costs. "Is there anyway we can just like... stall the show or something?" Scott asks, looking up at Esther.