Chapter 65

Chris pov...

Oscar was sleeping in our bed... He didn't want to sleep in his own bed so i put him in ours... I stayed with him until he was asleep before walking to the kitchen... "Is he asleep?" Ma asks and i nod... "He didn't want to sleep... But exhaustion took over..."  I said and let out a sigh... "He wants his mom... Hell i want his mom..." I said and ma hugged me and i broke down... "Where is she..." I said between sobs... 

All of a sudden, my phone rings and i answered as fast as i could. "Hello?" I said and it was the female detective... "Mr. Evans we found the car..." She said... "Where...?" I asked and i could hear her hesitate... She told me were and before she could even say more i told her i would be over... "They found the car i am going over there... Can you please stay with Oscar..." I said and she nodded telling me to go and keep her up to date...

I ran past Scott not even answering him when he asked what is going on and ran to my car... I drove to the location... It was cold and dark outside and from a mile away i could see the flashing lights of police cars... 

I parked my car and ran over... Police was all over it... Taking pictures and samples... I was stopped at the edge... "That is..." I said started to protest and the male detective yelled to let me through walking up to me... He stopped me before i could even reach the car... "Mr. Evans before you see the car i have to warn you..." He said and my heart sank... and i look at the detective horrified... "She is not with the car Mr. Evans... But there is blood in the back of the car... I just need you to stay calm and i need you to look in the car to see if anything is out of the ordinary..." He said and let out a deep breath nodding... 

We walked over to the car and when i looked in the back i could see groceries... they were carelessly thrown in the back... and then i saw the blood and i bend over putting my hands on my knees... It was like someone had punched the wind out of me... "Mr. Evans... Besides the blood is anything out of the ordinary?" The detective asked... I took a deep breath and stood back up... "She would never throw the groceries just in... She is organized... She would put freezer stuff together and so on..." I said and the detective nodded...

We walked to the front of the car and i looked at the driver side... "Lana would have the seat all the way up... She is small... No way she could drive the car like this..." I said feeling panic set in... The detective called over some people and while i was just staring at the car he instructed them... The started to take pictures and looking for fingerprints...

Then something popped into my mind... "Sorry... Has anyone checked if her ex and the biological father of Oscar is still in prison..." I said and the detective looked at me confused... "Sorry it just now came to mind..." I said feeling incredibly stupid and explained about Kyle... After i told him everything i knew the detective called his partner so she could check on that... 

All of a sudden a few more police cars pulled up and i saw police officers with dogs step out... "They are going to check if Lana is in the woods..." The detective explained... I nodded and just watched as the dogs were sniffing around the car... They circled around the car a few times, but they wouldn't go into the woods... "What does that mean...?" I asked the detective... 

"That means that she is probably not in the woods..." The detective explained. "Probably?" I asked and he nodded. "If she would had gotten into the woods one way or another, they would have followed her sent in there... My guess is that the car is dumped here... The car is going to be brought in and then they are going to check the GPS to see where it has been today..." The detective explained... 

"You should go home... There is nothing you can do from here..." The detective said but i shook my head... "There is nothing you can do from here... You should be home with your boy..." He said and i took a deep breath... "He is with his grandmother... I need to be here... I need to see this through... I need her home... He needs her home... I need to do everything in my power to bring her home" I said and the detective gave me a nod... 

"I understand..." He said and i shook my head... "No... You dont... I bought a ring... I was rushing home to arrange this grand proposal... To ask her to marry me..." I whisper and he smiles at me with a pained look... "I wish i could promise you a good outcome Mr. Evans... But i can't... All i can promise is that i will do my best to find her... one way or another..." He said and i sighed... "This just can't be real... This can't be the end... We need her..." I said and started to break down falling to my knees... The detective put his hand on my shoulder as a comforting gesture... 

I stayed with the car until it got loaded on a truck and taken away... "Mr. Evans... This officer will take you home in your car... I dont feel comfortable letting you drive..." The detective said and i just nodded in a daze as i watched the lights of the truck disappear... 

The police officer drove me home in silence... A police car following us... I got dropped off at home and he handed me the keys... I walked into the house and as i closed the front door i slit down against it and cried... "Chris...?" I heard ma say and looked up and she was looking at me with fear on her face... "She wasn't with the car... There was blood..." I said between sobs and i stood up and ma hugged me... I explained everything that happened... I told her everything i knew... 

After a while i told ma i was going to check up on Oscar and when i walked into our bedroom i laid down next to him... I couldn't sleep... To scared that i would miss a call... I was scared... The detective had told me that although it looked a lot... It was not enough blood to say she was dead... He explained if it was a head wound it was not uncommon... It was not arterial because the blood pattern would be different... 

All i could think is where is she... Is she still alive... Is she scared... Is she somewhere inside... What if she is outside and, in the cold... I can't help but feel helpless... Maybe i should be out there looking for her...