Chapter 93

Chris pov...

"Chris please... I dont want anything for my birthday... I never celebrate my birthday i dont ever want to celebrate my birthday..." Lana says and he i look at her with a shocked and confused look on my face. "I am sorry... I know that it is not what you want to hear but i really dont want to..." She whispers and i am still confused to why someone doesn't want to celebrate her birthday. 

"Baby we just want to celebrate you..." I say trying to pull her in my arms, but she is resisting. "Chris... No... I dont want it..." She says crossing her arms in front of her chest. "Promise me... No birthday cakes... Songs... gifts or get togethers..." She said and i looked at her utter confused and well... Stunned. "Okay... I promise..." I whisper a bit disappointed. "Thank you..." She whispers and kisses my cheek before walking back to her office. I take a deep breath and walk to the kitchen. I am so confused as to why she doesn't want to... She keeps shutting me down every time... She doesn't want to talk about it... 

I call ma and Scott "Hey what kind of flavor birthday cake does she want i am going shopping this afternoon..." Ma says smiling and Scott appears in the screen to. "No birthday cake..." I mumble and they both stop what they are doing. "No birthday cake... No birthday songs, gifts or get togethers..." I said and i think they have the same look on their faces that i had 2 minutes ago. 

"She doesn't want to celebrate her birthday?" Ma asks and i nod... "She made me promise..." I say and Scott gasps. "I wonder why...?" Ma mumbles deep in thought and i sigh again. 

"I have no idea ma... She doesn't want to talk about it and if i have learned anything about Lana is to not push it... It will come... But she was dead serious so... No birthday party or celebrations..." I say and Scott looks at me. 

"What if we suggest a birthday dinner... but then just have a surprise party..." He says and i look at him in horror... "Let me get this straight.... You want me to trick her into celebrating her birthday after she specifically asked me not to...? No absolutely not..." I said and Scott whined. "I was so looking forward to a party..." He said and ma slapped him on the back of his head... "It is not about you Scott..." Ma sneered at him and he shut up. 

"Sweetheart her birthday is not for another week... What if we just keep planning and maybe we can find out why she doesn't want to, and we can change her mind... Worse case... We have to cancel everything..." Ma said and i was quiet for a moment thinking it over. 

"No!" We all of a sudden heard and when i turned around Lana is standing behind me... "Sorry i love you all... But i dont want to celebrate my birthday... If i get tricked... i will walk out... Please... please respect the fact that i dont want to celebrate my birthday..." Lana says looking dead serious at my phone standing on the counter leaning against something. 

Both ma and Scott nod and i shrug my shoulders as to say told you so... "Okay sweetheart we will respect that you dont want to celebrate..." Ma says and i can see a wave of relief flood over Lana's face. She thanks them kisses my cheek again and tells me she is going to get some stuff she needs for work before going to pick up Oscar from school. 

I sigh when the front door closes, and ma and Scott look at me worried. "Not a word to why not?" Scott asks again and i nod... "Yep not a word..." I said letting out a sigh. "She will tell you why not sweetheart... She just needs some time..." Ma said smiling at me. "I know... But i am not even allowed to buy her a gift..." I said pouting and ma chuckled. "Just buy her a gift and give it to her on another day..." Ma said winking at me and i smirked at her. "Did you know Oscar didn't even know it was going to be Lana's birthday..." I mumbled and ma shook her head again. "I know there is a story there Chris but please be patient..." She said and i nodded again

We talked a bit about the wedding before i said goodbye... Ma, my sisters and Lana had gone to pick out a bridesmaid dress for Carly and just normal dresses for Shanna and ma... I just hoped that our guest would stick to the colors we had picked... Almost everything was set... The invitations had gone out a few days after we picked our date... Over the next 2 weeks everyone had RSVPed, and we had booked hotels for out-of-town guests... We had arranged transport for them to and from the venue... We had picked out a cake... a DJ... We had an officiant... Flowers centerpieces color schemes... You name it... The only thing left to do was to pick out a menu...We had made the mistake doing that last... We hadn't included options in the invitations which made it so that now they had to make that choice on the day itself... I didn't care it didn't cost that much more but Lana had a little break down about it because she wanted everything to be perfect.

I had calmed her down telling her it would be because i was going to marry her.... That as long as that was the case... It would be perfect... I had started trying to write my own vows...  and although it was not hard to put something on paper... It was hard to make it sound at least a little coherent... I found that when i came to my feelings for her i quickly would start rambling... 

I know it was going to be an amazing day... Emotional... but amazing...