Chapter 181

Chris pov...

I am lying in a hospital bed awake for a few hours now... Ma and Scot are here and although they mean well by saying i needed to rest... I wouldn't hear it... I was in pain my head was pounding i had 2 broken ribs and my finger was broken and i lost quite a bit of blood... But i needed to tell them i needed to save her like she saved me... So i told them to let the FBI in to talk...

I told them everything... How the last thing i remember is gassing up my car... Waking up in this dark building and Kyle and her father being there and this seem to throw the FBI off... They kept asking if i was sure or that i was just mistaken due to my head injury... I was getting angry telling them that Lana told me herself that she needed to go with Kyle and her dad... 

They told us they were going to make a statement so they could control the information that was getting out...They were going to say i was found but still unconscious so that they still thought they were in the clear... Hoping they would get careless and would make a mistake...  

After they left i broke down crying while ma and Scott tried to keep me calm... "It is all my fault... I got careless going out without security... They got her because she wanted to save me... They called her and she came running...  She is in hell because of me..."  I said sobbing while ma held me... "It is not your fault sweetheart..." She whispered as i cling onto her crying... "Ma she has given herself up... Telling me to take care of the kids... Telling me she loves me... begging me to not take it out on Oscar as if i ever would blame him for that asshole's actions... She didn't even hesitate to give her life with us up to keep us save... To save me..." I whisper and Scott sighs looking at the ground... 

"She loves you and the kids more than life itself Chris... She would walk through fire for you guys... But she is strong and smart, and she will find a way back to us..." He says and i look at him and start sobbing again... 

Scott his phone rings and from what i understand it is Carly... "I'll ask him..." Scott says and he looks at me... "Oscar wants to come by..." He says and i shake my head... "I dont want to scare him... I dont want him to see me like this... And how am i going to tell him i couldn't save his mom from his scumbag dad... How am i going to look him in the eye and tell him that his mom... His rock sacrificed herself to save me..." I say and Scott sighs... 

"Chris... Oscar is beside himself... He needs to see you are alive... He heard the news on the radio the statement of the FBI apparently it is already out there, and he thinks you are dead... He doesn't believe Carly when she told him you were alive... He doesn't understand that unconscious means asleep and not dead..." Scott says... "Sweetheart you're doing him more harm than good by not letting him come here..." Ma chimes in and i sigh and nod... 

"Bring him by..." Scott whispers before hanging up and only a few minutes later Carly walks in with a scared Oscar clinging onto her... They were already here when she called... "Dad..." He whispers peaking around Carly and i try to smile but it hurts... "Hey bud..." I say and he comes running to the bed... Ma tries to stop him but i tell her it is okay and with a little bit of help from Oscar himself i pull him in my arms ignoring the pain as i hold him tight... 

Oscar starts to sob, and this is enough to set me off again and we both cry... "I thought you were dead..." Oscar says between sobs and i sigh... "No bud... I am here and i am going to be okay... The doctors fixed me up really good..." I whisper... "I know it looks bad, but it will get better..." I whisper and Oscar hugs me even tighter making me wince again but i dont care... He shows no sign of letting me go and have to admit it feels good to hold him...

"Where is mom...?" He whispers after a while pushing himself back and looking at me... His little face red his eyes sad and bloodshot from crying... "I dont know bud... I wish i knew... If i knew, where she was i was going to get her to bring her home again..." I whisper and he nods... "Is my other dad going to kill mom?" He whispers and i look at him shocked and i then look at my family... "Auntie Carly and Auntie Shanna said my other dad would kill her..." He whispers and Carly's face turns bright red... "I am sorry... We thought he was asleep..." She whispers and i look at her annoyed...

"Look at me bud... We can't think like that... We are going to do everything we can to find her... Besides your mom is smart... She will try everything she can to get back to us..." I say and he nods... "If mommy dies... Will she go to heaven to be with Bob..." He whispers and i take a deep breath fighting my tears... "Yes... But mommy is not going to die... She is going to come back to us... Because she loves you and your sister so much..." I say pulling him in my arms again hoping to God that i not just lied to him... "She loves you to dad..." He whispers and i start bawling again holding him tight and again i ignore my own pain as i get comfortable pulling him close and he cuddles into me showing no sign of wanting to leave my side...

The next few hours Oscar sleeps next to me... Ma wanted to get him out of bed but i wouldn't let her... I didn't want him to leave... He didn't want to leave... When ma tried, he started to cry and cling onto me even more and i told her to leave him be... And soon he was asleep... 

We are waiting anxiously for news as the FBI is going to Lana's parents' house to see if she is there but seeing as they can't fly... They need to drive and driving from Boston to Arizona would roughly take two days with stops it would even take longer but seeing as Kyle had help from her dad, they didn't need to stop as the alternated between driving... So, they could still be on the road... To be fair they could be anywhere... Would they really be that stupid to go back to her parents' house... I just hoped someone would see her and call... We need her home...